2 Replies - 6034 Views - Last Post: 20 May 2011 - 07:13 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Reading from bluetooth-enabled medical devices to PC

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

Hi all, I'm currently trying to set up a weighing scale and blood pressure monitor to send their readings through bluetooth to a PC application, something like in this paper, at 5.1 onwards. It mentions sending the readings to a server as well, however, I only need to have it send to a PC. It also says there's a "primitive communication application" but I can't find it in my Visual Studio 2008. I only have limited knowledge of programming, and I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Also I'm posting in C# as I am most familiar in this language and would prefer to work in C#.

Thank you.

This post has been edited by joseph1988: 19 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Reading from bluetooth-enabled medical devices to PC

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Reading from bluetooth-enabled medical devices to PC

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:54 AM

The most difficult aspect is getting a bluetooth enabled weighting scale that has already been built to accommodate the requirement suggested.The Bluetooth scale must have some kind of timer or capability that came with it's cd to enable the device to communicate with the computer.you have no control over the hardware that wasn't been built by you.you have to work with the API given.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 tlhIn`toq  Icon User is online

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Reading from bluetooth-enabled medical devices to PC

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

The "primitive communication application" is not part of Visual Studio.
It was simply a program they located, that was written in VB.NET in Visual Studio.

The PDF you linked to is a students Masters Thesis. It says that they goal was to develop an eHealth application and to integrate the devices into that application. To put that into perspective: You said you are a beginning programmer and doing this was someone's Masters degree project.

I would assume that if the devices were already bluetooth enabled they should have come with demo/testing application. It might not be sufficient for your needs, but at least it would prove that you have the bluetooth devices paired with and computer and communicating.

Are you able to pair the devices and confirm they are talking with the PC?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1