3 Replies - 1471 Views - Last Post: 03 January 2002 - 10:44 AM Rate Topic: -----

• Check, check, 1, 2.
  • member icon

• View blog

Strange, Strange Error. . .

Posted 27 December 2001 - 08:37 PM

Ok, I'm trying to install eZ publish, a php/MySql CMS system. I've done everything correct in the installation (I didn't  get any errors) and I'm trying to login for the first time to it's admin area and I get the strangest error. I get a connection failure as if the server was down, but every other page on the serve works (all the other pages that don't have anything to do with this software). I can even try to pull up a restricted file (that I restricted in the .htaccess file) and it give me a 500 Forbidden (which it should) so it's just these .php files that are doing it. It nothing I have ever seen,  Anyone have any ideas what it could be? I'm boggeled!

Thanks,

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Strange, Strange Error. . .

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Strange, Strange Error. . .

Posted 02 January 2002 - 09:39 PM

actually if it gives you a 500 error, that's supposed to mean that something is wrong with the server, 403 is the forbidden error :) or at least i think so :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2002 - 09:53 AM

sounds like a problem with your .htaccess file. if its the server that doesnt work, have a look at PHPTriad which incorporates the HTTPd, PHP, mySQL, etc into a single isntall.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Check, check, 1, 2.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2002 - 10:44 AM

Well, I looked at the server error log and it was just making php exit without an error message which was weird, but I gave up, I'm writing my own CMS that is gonna piggy back on iB so it's cool.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1