3 Replies - 13046 Views - Last Post: 22 May 2011 - 08:30 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How To Disable File Download Dialog In WebBrowser In VB .Net ?

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:57 AM

Hello ,
In my form I have added a webbrowser that will navigate into a URL and that URL ends with an extension (.zip) now my problem is that I want to disable the File Download Dialog in order to download it without interruption .
N.B : I don't want to use the HTTP CLIENT because I need the webbrowser to navigate to another page after downloading the file.
Thanks,
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How To Disable File Download Dialog In WebBrowser In VB .Net ?

• 4+1=Moo
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How To Disable File Download Dialog In WebBrowser In VB .Net ?

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

It is extremely difficult to disable the download dialog but there are some solutions.

This is what I would recommend: IE7 Clone.

That contains a "extended" web browser control which would allow you to intercept the download event so you can implement your download manager.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:26 AM

View PostAmrykid, on 22 May 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

It is extremely difficult to disable the download dialog but there are some solutions.

That contains a "extended" web browser control which would allow you to intercept the download event so you can implement your download manager.

Ok I fixed my problem using : WebBrowser1.AllowNavigation = False in the FileDownload event, now I have another problem is how do I get the URL of the File Download ? I tried WebBrowser1.URL.AbsoluteURI but it didn't worked :sad3:
Please Help !
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 4+1=Moo
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

View Posteddychamoun, on 22 May 2011 - 10:26 AM, said:

View PostAmrykid, on 22 May 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

Ok I fixed my problem using : WebBrowser1.AllowNavigation = False in the FileDownload event, now I have another problem is how do I get the URL of the File Download ? I tried WebBrowser1.URL.AbsoluteURI but it didn't worked :sad3:
Please Help !

It is impossible to get the url for the FileDownload event (unless you know it before hand). That is the reason why I suggested the extended web browser control above.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1