2 Replies - 657 Views - Last Post: 24 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hooking the iPod app - where to start?

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:24 AM

Hello guys, I'm fairly new to iOS developement, so please don't be harsh on me ;)

I've been looking into creating a fairly simple tweak for Jailbroken iPhones, a script that reads the current song, and prints it to a file that can be read by an external Java application.

Haven't started to tinker with it yet, simply because I have no idea where to start. I am guessing that I'd have to hook into the iPod app to get the necessary strings, and to make it update properly when a song is changed.
Though googling for a while, I cannot find any tutorial explaining this kind of thing. The coding itself shouldn't be a problem, I just need somewhere to start.
(Note I do have a few books on cocoa coding, the iPhone SDK and so, I have the latest xTools, probably everything that should be needed, FYI)

If anyone can provide me with help in this matter, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

regards

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hooking the iPod app - where to start?

#2 tlhIn`toq  Icon User is online

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hooking the iPod app - where to start?

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:41 AM

View PostdansaDisco, on 24 May 2011 - 06:24 AM, said:

I've been looking into creating a fairly simple tweak for Jailbroken iPhones, a script that reads the current song, and prints it to a file that can be read by an external Java application.

The iPhone doesn't support Java.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Hooking the iPod app - where to start?

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

Yes, it sort of does. When jailbroken, there is support for HTML/Java widgets on the lockscreen and springboard, capable of FE grabbing/displaying weather info from external websites.

And that is not really relevant to my question at all, too?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1