Undeclared identifier issues

• (2 Pages)
  • +

17 Replies - 3825 Views - Last Post: 28 May 2011 - 08:03 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Undeclared identifier issues

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

I am new to all of this, and a bit confused. This is for a math class, so the fact they are giving these codes to us, makes sense, but I am unclear how we are truly supposed to make full sense of them. This is beyond my training level.

View PostOler1s, on 28 May 2011 - 08:25 PM, said:

Fire up your debugger and trace through your code. Before turning to us for help, there are a number of investigations you should be doing. Have you used a debugger? Have you inserted output statements and observed what your program is doing?

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

> I am new to all of this, and a bit confused.

Ok. I realize you are not an experienced programmer.

> This is for a math class, so the fact they are giving these codes to us, makes sense,

But they clearly expect you to have programming experience? In particular, your assignment is to program here, so they expect you to have met appropriate prerequisites.

> but I am unclear how we are truly supposed to make full sense of them.

Well, if you had the prerequisite level of experience...

> This is beyond my training level.

Then it is an issue you need to take up with your instructor. What you are asking us to do is do work for you. You are asking for help, but you have not shown that you made the obvious efforts that you can make. There is a bug in your program, but you seem to not have the experience to debug it.

We will not help you, because in doing so, we would be helping you cheat. So either you show us your efforts in debugging and narrow down your question, or talk to your instructor.

This post has been edited by Oler1s: 28 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

Firstly, thanks for your help. This assignment, which i am not asking you to help me cheat on is posted, and completed, I am attempting to understand the issue. I have a question on the current assignment, this is a prior weeks assignment, which I am confused on. I have shown work and efforts above. Since this is last weeks assignment, graded and done, I will just forget it. I was looking for help understanding, not help cheating.

View PostOler1s, on 28 May 2011 - 08:50 PM, said:

> I am new to all of this, and a bit confused.

Ok. I realize you are not an experienced programmer.

> This is for a math class, so the fact they are giving these codes to us, makes sense,

But they clearly expect you to have programming experience? In particular, your assignment is to program here, so they expect you to have met appropriate prerequisites.

> but I am unclear how we are truly supposed to make full sense of them.

Well, if you had the prerequisite level of experience...

> This is beyond my training level.

Then it is an issue you need to take up with your instructor. What you are asking us to do is do work for you. You are asking for help, but you have not shown that you made the obvious efforts that you can make. There is a bug in your program, but you seem to not have the experience to debug it.

We will not help you, because in doing so, we would be helping you cheat. So either you show us your efforts in debugging and narrow down your question, or talk to your instructor.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +