1 Replies - 155 Views - Last Post: 27 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Newbie here

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:59 AM

hi everyone my name is daniel and i am 17 years old. I am new to the programming world but i really think is something it will great interest me. So i have no idea what i want to to like software programming, web programming, mobile programming etc. I just want to have a general idea of coding and programming, learning some easy languages and just practice and practice.

The problem is that i don't know where to start, i did some research online and i was overwhelmed by the informations, books are expensive but i might try to buy some. I was wondering if you could suggest me some ways to start, maybe from your own experiences. Again i am a complete newbie i have a basic understanding of html and that's it. So please feel to suggest.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Newbie here

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Newbie here

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

Well it's best to get the basics down. A language like c# or java provides exposure to variables, classes, objects, loops, and methods. All of that is pretty transferable to other languages in some fashion.

Honestly the best way would be to get a book - even if it's used and a few editions back - and work forward through it.

I remember the Dietel and Dietel books were always pretty good, and since a large number of schools use them the used ones are cheap.. like $13.00USD cheap.
http://www.amazon.co...06519334&sr=8-1
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1