• (2 Pages)
  • +

28 Replies - 3135 Views - Last Post: 15 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Things we regret saying

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:19 PM

Yall ever have that moment where as soon as the last word leaves your mouth you have that "I shouldnt have said that" look? This one tops all my previous moments and its not how I usually am towards my parents, especially my mom. I was helping her take a bed apart and it was hot, my allergies acting up and just wanted to get it done. We had to use a hammer and everything kept going wrong trying to get the frame apart. Upon me reaching the most irritated spot I've been in awhile she was explaining an idea and I interrupted with a "fucking give me the hammer". Almost instantly she teared up and as soon as I got the last part of it apart she left. I knew as soon as I said it that I made a big mistake and now I'm in a sad mood because I actually cussed at my mom.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Things we regret saying

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Things we regret saying

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

Once when I was like 10 or 11 I was playing volley ball with my Dad. He called me a worm, just joking around. I meant to say "I'd rather be a worm than the father of a worm". Dunno why but I said "I'd rather be a worm than a father like you...". I think part of me died inside, I felt horrible :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

Yea I had a time when I was 8 or 9. My dad used to be a cop and was hurt on the job and legally couldnt work. I dont remember what happened exactly but he had gotten upset with me and just spur of the moment I told him that at least I wasnt disabled. That was the worst I had felt in my up til then short lifetime. I dont know why I said it I just did. I got better and watched what I said growing up after that to try and not step on anyones toes or say something that could hurt their feelings until tonight.

EDIT: this thread probably makes me sound disrespectful to my parents, but I'm really not. I just misspoke.

This post has been edited by Sethro117: 11 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 NeoTifa  Icon User is online

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:13 PM

This thread makes me sound like an asshole to my parents.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:36 PM

says the girl who opened a troll thread about how her family left her behind on the tradition of gambling and getting wasted :)
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Born again Pastafarian.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:21 AM

I can honestly say that I think very carefully about how I talk to people, of course I have said things I shouldn't, often in anger, but i can't remember a particular event.

This post has been edited by Aphex19: 12 June 2011 - 01:22 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 NeoTifa  Icon User is online

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

I've said things I never would have before back when my anti-depressants made me a vicious, foaming-at-the-mouth bitch. After that I quit them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

POPULAR

"No, I don't want fries with that."
Was This Post Helpful? 5
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:04 AM

I was buying food one day at a restaurant, and the girl working there kept acting like I was an idiot, and finally I'd had enough and said "ผมฝรั่ง,ไม่ใช่ปัญญาอ่อน. คุยธรรมดาก็ได.", or roughly "I'm a foreigner, not a retard. You can talk normally to me."

The girl looked like she'd been slapped. I felt really bad about it, but then again, it hasn't happened since then.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

I once called a guy whose sister has Downs Syndrome a retard. As the last word left my mouth I remembered and I just cringed.

Even worse. I know a guy whose older sister was a schizophrenic and, after a day of relentless bullying at school came home and hung herself at age 13. He was around 10 or so and found the body.

About 15 years later he is telling me of this horribly embarrasing situation he was in the night before and I say to him "man you can't even face the world anymore, you should go home and hang yourself". I deserved a punch in the face for that one :(. Again as soon as the words were out of my mouth I realized what it was I said and who I said it to and apologized, profusely.

Then there are countless numbers of times my temper has gotten the better of me and I snapped at someone I loved. I can be a cranky bastard.

View PostSethro117, on 12 June 2011 - 03:30 AM, said:

EDIT: this thread probably makes me sound disrespectful to my parents, but I'm really not. I just misspoke.

No way man, the fact that you remember transgressions from your childhood so vividly suggests just the opposite. I would say your a stand up guy.

This post has been edited by Jstall: 13 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 BenignDesign  Icon User is online

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:16 AM

About three weeks ago, one of my coworker's nephews committed suicide. Last week, I was sitting in her office kvetching about some new federal regulation and said, "My god, it would be easier to just hang myself."

As soon as the words left my mouth, I wanted to jump out of my chair and run as far away as I could. I felt absolutely horrible.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#12 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

I once called a guy whose sister has Downs Syndrome a retard. As the last word left my mouth I remembered and I just cringed.

I have a sister that is mentally handicapped. Not Down's Syndrom, but somewhat similar. We get over it real quick. The word "retard" is such a part of the common lexicon that I don't even think of it describing my sister, so when I hear it, it doesn't bother me. Hell, I probably say it sometimes.

And honestly, if you feel bad about saying something to one guy's face, it's probably not something you should be saying anyway. Why is it OK to call one guy a retard, but not another guy, just because his sister is retarded?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

i was talking to my friend this weekend about how her sugar daddy should pay for everything since she quit her job. she said he was short on cash because of his kids. i made a joke about selling his kids into slavery.

i didn't know he and they were black.

WOOPS.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#14 BenignDesign  Icon User is online

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

[off-topic]

When I was 2 years old, I was hospitalized for 3 months with a severe case of bacterial meningitis. Mom said they told her if I lived at all I would be severely mentally retarded.

She then proceeded to tell me she thinks they were right.

:wub: my mommy.

[/off-topic]
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:40 AM

View PostCurtis Rutland, on 13 June 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

And honestly, if you feel bad about saying something to one guy's face, it's probably not something you should be saying anyway. Why is it OK to call one guy a retard, but not another guy, just because his sister is retarded?

Well, I suppose because, as you said in your post, the word is such a part of our lexicon I am used to saying it as a synonym for stupidity . I wouldn't use the word retard to refer to someone who is actually mentally handicapped as that would be rude and in bad taste. However just because I think I shouldn't say it to him does not mean I shouldn't say it at all. Different people have different life experiences that could make them touchy about certain subjects, therefore I wouldn't want what I say be taken the wrong way and result in hurt feelings or hostility :).

This post has been edited by Jstall: 13 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +