3 Replies - 1942 Views - Last Post: 09 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

open source web conferencing

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

I have a project where the core of the application is going to be web conferencing. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Maybe an open source project that I can integrate into my webapp. I will need to be able to alter all the visuals (logo, css, etc), I would want the users to register with my app, not the open source projects' site, I need to be able to let the user create rooms...etc. If anyone knows of a project out there, or suggestions on how I can create it myself, please let me know. I prefer something in PHP and/or flash, but will entertain others. Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: open source web conferencing

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: open source web conferencing

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

Although it would be better to create a custom CMS with PHP, there are others out there. However, all of the plugins will require minor knowledge of PHP/ASP.NET, CSS, HTML, etc. I'm not quite sure if that is a problem for you.

Here is a list of free CMS' that will be able to achieve what you require with minor tweaking:

http://www.cms-zone....ntent/view/4/38
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

Thanks, but I am looking for an open source Web Conferencing program. Not CMS. Thanks for the list though, I will check this out with other projects.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

There are various open source web conferencing services such as bigbluebutton, dimdim etc. Alternatively, you can try other web conferencing services as well such as webex.com, gomeetnow.com, gotomeeting.com etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1