5 Replies - 328 Views - Last Post: 16 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Greetings!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

Greetings!
I'm Thor, 24 and from England. My programming knowledge is all self taught from various websites and books, and its by no means awesome. I'm left 'jaw-dropped' from some of the code I've seen here that I didn't know was so simple to do.
I've managed to teach myself a half decent amount in HTML, PHP/MYSQL and .NET(My main preferance) Usually write websites and software for personal use (aka, full of errors and slim to none error handling). I'm currently looking into freelance Game developing, which sounds fun but quite a challenge.

Anywho, enough rambling from me. I've got hundreds of lines to debug :(

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Greetings!

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Greetings!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:20 AM

Welcome to D.I.C! You sound a lot like myself (with the exception of switching .NET for Java). I hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

Hello Thor, & welcome to Dream In Code!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums, & becoming a part of our community! :D :^:

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

Welcome aboard! Given your preference to .NET, if you're interested in game development, I'd have to suggest XNA. XNA is a framework developed by Microsoft for game development that is built upon the C# language. Looking forward to seeing you hanging out in the XNA section. Happy coding.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

Thanks!

@Kilorn, I will have to check that out, I was looking at using the Unity3D Engine to fuel my imagination, and my cousin has the crazy notion of writing our own Engine. My main focus at the moment is to get a simple Client/Server test program written in .NET once I've cracked that I will have to look more into XNA and other possibilities.

@no2penicl, Loving the image, made me chuckle, always a good sign when people go above and beyond :)

@magicsounds, Nice to meet you matey! I have an interest in Java, as that's what I use in the Unity3D Engine, but I'm really not that good with it. I even went out and got an old book on the subject, unfortunatly it's not that helpful :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Critical Section
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

Welcome to <\dream.in.code>
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -