0 Replies - 647 Views - Last Post: 16 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Visual Studio app with chart, publishing problem

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

Alright guys, I'm at my wits end here so I'm hoping someone knows the answer to my problem. Here's the issue:

I have an app I wrote in Visual Studio 2010 using VB. The app has charts in it and I have to use framework 3.5, but I wasnt sure if I could use the FW4 chart dll so I went ahead and downloaded/installed the 3.5 version from Microsoft. I got the app working great on my PC, but when I published the app any PC that hasn't downloaded the 3.5 chart dll from Microsoft cannot use the program. To confirm that it wasnt my code that was causing problems, I created a small app with just a form and a chart with the same result. My assumption is that is has something to do with the dll not getting included in the publish folder. I went to the properties window in VS to check. In the "References" tab the dll shows up in the list and has "Copy Local" set to true. I then went to the "Publish" tab and pressed the "Application Files" button to see if it was there. It wasn't. I am used to added dlls showing up in this particular list so I am wondering why it isn't there. We do use ClickOnce just in case there is an issue with that.

Anyway, below you will find the Windows error report. Thanks to anyone who can help with this problem.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: <program name>.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4df930d2
Problem Signature 04: <program name>
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4df930d2
Problem Signature 07: f
Problem Signature 08: e9