2 Replies - 12645 Views - Last Post: 19 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Does the employer value certification

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:18 PM

Hi,
Yesterday I met one of my senior who is passed-out and searching for a job. He said a week back he applied for a job in middle level company and went till the last round. In last round the asked him if he has NIIT certification on Java which he doesn't have. Does the employer expects that the fresher candidate need certification? Does the certification from NIIT, Microsoft, Cisco are valued

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Does the employer value certification

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Does the employer value certification

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

Seriously guys, we need a sticky for certification questions. I;m not familiar with the NIIT so can't vouch for it's credibility. The certs you mentioned are a great way to get your foot in the door, gain experience and work your way up. Certifications can show you have a good amount of knowledge but projects, and application portfolios can also show you have the knowledge.

The bottom line is it's up to the employer and what they feel is best. If someone came in and didnt have a cert but answered my tech questions better and had a more extensive portfolio with a wide range of applications than the guy who just accomplished a cert but was still hesitant about things, I'd hire the guy w/o the cert.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Does the employer value certification

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

@Sethro117: Indeed, we do have a sticky. The Corner Cubicle FAQs. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1