Going Above & Beyond, offering true customer service

• (2 Pages)
  • +

22 Replies - 6522 Views - Last Post: 21 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Going Above & Beyond, offering true customer service

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

I work in one of the few jobs where the customer is always wrong. :3 Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor

I got one of the kids I had to teach to practice during her free time, so she could pass the level. Other than that idk.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

Incorrect.

If the statement "the customer is always wrong" is wrong, other possible truths could be:

The customer is usually wrong.
The customer might be wrong.
The customer is an asshole.

... and so on and so forth... in fact, perhaps the truth has absolutely nothing to do with the customer. Having one incorrect statement does not necessarily mean there is only one possible correct statement.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

POPULAR

View Postcreativecoding, on 20 June 2011 - 11:39 AM, said:

View Postsupersloth, on 20 June 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

when i worked retail i used to think the customer was always right.

now that i've been a developer for 7 years, i know they are always wrong. always.

What if the customer said "the customer is always wrong"?

shut the fuck up.
Was This Post Helpful? 7
  • +
  • -

• LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

Have my children, please.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:58 PM

View Postishkabible, on 19 June 2011 - 01:52 AM, said:

i want to go to no2's store. i envision it as a magical place with modest front desk, computer parts strewn about, a room full of servers in the back, and a little thing on the door so that when people come in he hears it and hides the pron...

Here's how I imagine his store. It's a building all on its own, you walk in and you see motherboards covering the right wall from top to bottom. On the left side you see a front desk and behind the front desk is a door. When you go thru the door you are in his shop. The right wall of the shop is also covered in motherboard's. The back wall has rack after rack of Linux servers. There is a big rectangular shaped desk in the middle of the room (kind of like the Electronics area at Wal-Mart has). This is where he works on your computer. He also has 3 or 4 28in flat screen monitors at the desk along with an Alienware desktop with an Intel Core i7 Extreme.

Haha. Just imagining all this makes me wish I worked there!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:14 AM

Your forgetting the shackles on the back wall where he keeps Gabehabe.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:08 AM

When I was in college I was working part time at a call center doing telephone surveys for various companies, it goes without saying the job was pretty shitty.

One time I was calling on behalf of a power company that operated in Boston(can't remember the name). I got this elderly woman on the phone, she was really nice, which is rare in that business.

After she had finished the survey she asked if I could do something about the street light that was out, and had been out for weeks, just outside her home. She explained that she got home from work after dark and couldn't see on her way from her car to her doorstep, and that she had tripped over the curb a few days ago and hurt her arm because of it. She also said she lives in a high crime area and hates to walk through the dark since muggings happen fairly often. She cried and everything, it made me feel bad so I wrote down her name and phone number.

When I got home I did a reverse lookup on the number to find her address then sent an email to the power company saying that I was her nephew. I told them the light had been out for weeks, she had already fallen and hurt herself because of it and that if it wasn't fixed in the near future she would be contacting a lawyer.

I have no idea if it did any good, or even if it was the power companies responsibility to maintain the street lights but I felt like I had to at least try.

This post has been edited by Jstall: 21 June 2011 - 07:09 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#23 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

When I worked the help desk at school, we didn't really do much more than replace keyboards, wireless cards, other basic troubleshooting, and reimaging computers. We were the complaints department more or less. We had a handful of people that came in and were actually appreciative of what we did to try and fix their computers. For these people, I would go out of my way to get them loaners (the good ones out of the three different models we had) and help them back up their work. These are also usually the people that could provide a reasonable description of what was wrong with their computers without using the words "it crashed." If I had a penny for every time I heard "it crashed," I would have a vacation home in Florida.

The other type of person we made sure walked away happy were those people that would keep coming back every hour to see if their computer was ready. What part of "three school days" do these people not understand? We made sure they had their work and the best loaner available so we wouldn't be bothered by them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +