• +
  • Last »

140 Replies - 9650 Views - Last Post: 23 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

DEA, a great use of money!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:51 AM

I recently watched "Super High Me" (all movies on Hulu suck, that one looked moderately funny) and they had a scene where some DEA agents raided a legal weed dispensery and took all of the weed and patient documents. Of course, the DEA is made to look like the bad guys in any pro-drug-related movie but still, don't they have something better to do?

Guy makes a living by selling a plant to patients who are prescribed to it, and some random people come in at a random time for no reason at all and takes all of his merchandise, setting this man back possibly thousands of dollars.

also, on here, it shows that meth lab numbers are dwindling. Could this be because the DEA are getting lazy? Or is there an actual decrease in meth labs?

Discuss.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: DEA, a great use of money!

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: DEA, a great use of money!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:13 AM

I have been meaning to get around to becoming a meth addict but I have not had time.
So this would be nothing but a guess.

Use to I think they could just walk in wal-mart or whatever and buy 20 buggies full of sudafed or whatever, but alot of manufactors have taken it off the shelf.

I know I have gotten carded and name written down for buying some things like brake fluid and when I asked why they told it was because of meth laws.

So I think alot has to do with it is not easy to get the sstuff to make,

Also coke could be more available in the smaller towns now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Like a lollipop
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:19 AM

what is this state that have 0 meth labs in 2009 :o
Also war on drugs is bullshit one of the biggest fucked up ever war ever started ever
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:38 AM

My side is winnig the war
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 CTphpnwb  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:29 AM

Some of you seem to think that this is a victimless crime, so I'd like to suggest that you read about the violence along the US/Mexican border. Then think about all the stoners who are unqualified to get a decent job in any country.

I'm not saying there isn't a real need for weed as a medicine, but that's a tiny percentage of what's going on.

Oh, and as for meth lab incidents, as funding dries up there will be fewer raids and therefore the only incidents will be when a lab blows up. That means even bigger problems for the area surrounding it: more and nastier pollution for more time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Like a lollipop
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:39 AM

Uhm about the violence on the Mexican/USA border ... yeah can this be because the drugs are illegal and the gangs(that other wise will be companies that pay taxes etc) fight for control or/and to bring drugs in USA? If the drugs ware legal and controlled by the government can this by some crazy chance lower the crime rate because there will no longer be gangs that will fight for regions to spread the illegal drugs? Will this stop the money flow that this gangs get(and i mean tax free money) to finance their operations? Will the control of the government over the drugs lower the overdose deaths by controlling it as its any other legal drug out there in the pharmacies that you get with prescription from a doctor? Will this lower and the meth labs incidents because the labs will be like any other labs for drugs out there (aspirin or any other drug) withs strict control and not a junkie homemade so called lab? Will this stop the chance teens get drugs because lets face it the drug dealers dont care if you have 21 years or not?

This post has been edited by NoBrain: 19 June 2011 - 06:43 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

Giving the government control of the drugs will not remove drug dealers from the streets. The government can be powerful, but cannot express complete control over anything. Drugs are supposedly illegal now and they are all over the place. All of the same problems will occur if drugs are made legal. The only difference is there will be a new way of getting the drugs; through a prescription.

A ban on alcohol seemed like a good idea, but that didn't work out with bootleggers and all now did it?

This post has been edited by skybomb0: 19 June 2011 - 06:55 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 CTphpnwb  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:57 AM

No, it won't.
Sure, there will be people who get the drugs for legitimate purposes, but that's a small percentage of drug trafficking. Surely you're not saying it should be legal to sell drugs to kids, are you? If you're not, then that huge portion of illegal drugs would remain.

As for taxes, it's estimated that 60% or more of corporations don't pay them so I don't see that being a benefit.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Like a lollipop
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:45 AM

the alcohol is good example. yes the teens can get alcohol too. yes the government cant control everything. you do remember what happen when the alcohol was banned dont you? what happen is that gangs show up suppling the demand for alcohol. why dont we see gangs fighting for control over regions for distribution for alcohol now? because no one will go and buy alcohol from stranger when he can go and buy it from the store. why dont you go and buy aspirin from stranger that sells it to you because you can go and buy it from the pharmacies dont you? Holland is good example the weed is legal there yes there is ppl that sells it out side the legal limit but no one buys from them simply because he can get better drug from the shop. even if they dont have the age they still will find some friend to buy it for them but from the shop not from someone that you dont know what put in that drug. no to mention that most of the ppl in jail is because they use drugs not selling them. yes there is ppl there and for selling drugs but really non of the big players in the drug game are in jail. As for 60% of the corporations don't pay taxes at least you can fight them since you know them and where they are you know having register and all. someone show me a good point for the war on drugs someone point me that there is a worth in this war except election rating boost.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:55 AM

I do electrical work and was about to graduate with my EE and I got into programming and that ended that, but anyways my father is engineer and we have contracts with CORP and some with the DEA doing projects all over the world and alot in South America, but being down there and talking to agents and hearing conversations, and seeing certain things, you come to realize the war on drugs has politcal reasons and it has nothing to do with stopping it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

The reason that the DEA raids those prescription marijuana shops is because Federal law is above State law. Even if a State makes something legal if the Federal law still says no, it has precedence.

As someone else stated it is harder to get the required ingredients you need because you can only buy so many and ten you're carded, put on a list and even if you go and buy more at another shop then eventually someone will catch wind of it.

While I think some drugs should be made legal depending on the restrictions and regulations the drug cartels would lose a lot of their business unless the government went through them and their connections. If they lost business who's to say the violence wouldnt increase and their cause be to gain power back of the drug trade?

When I worked with our DTF and DEA down here there are lots of things about the drug trade you dont see on the news and things that don't make it into the public eye in anyway.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

Sethro117,
Do you see alot of 'No matter what just keep the violence out my backyard'
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:05 AM

Definitely, a lot of the raids we did no one was even aware until later in the day. We'd do the biggest majority just before dawn and had everything cleaned up and be gone before a lot of traffic started moving.

Of course down here the biggest labs are in a trailer park so occasionally something happens where the guys in front see a bunch of vehicle coming down the road and has connections to the guy we're going to and he gets a tip and ends up running. So it doesnt always go as planned and you'll end up having a guy on the ground in a front yard just as the homeowner is coming out to get his newspaper.

Usually every town meeting over there though something would come up about keeping everything in a more restricted area so nobody else had to see it. It doesnt always go like though and people and just didnt understand.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

Actually the number of meth labs are growing.

If you start at the beginning they start dropping the first couple of years, and Mexico was bringing it in but then they outlawed the Materials need in Mexico and now the labs are starting to rise back up.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

I live in the quietest little town and about two-three months ago a meth lab was busted. I don't think the numbers were dwindling. It's not like a village, we are suburban but still it was a surprise.

The main reason the war on drugs is useless, is because it will never be won. There will always be a crack head in need of some crack or a stoner who wants to light one up.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »