4 Replies - 383 Views - Last Post: 21 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Contact Manager application for Windows

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:11 AM

Dear Coders,

I believe that this is the correct session for me to post my question. If not, admins please move it.

I recently got a job, in which I was asked to find or build a program/application which in general should do the following: An employer makes o phonecall to a client and they make a discussion over a dept or any other issue. We'd like to have an application/program (for Windows XP) in which the user can keep a record of the phonecalls he made, fill in possible comments regarding the conversation issues that were talked about and finally set a reminder for a re-call or re-check on the clients issue.

• -Is there anything available in the market out now? Freeware or maybe proprietary software?
  • -Are there any programmeres who could help on building such an application or build it themselves?

Thanks in advance, Miklo

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Contact Manager application for Windows

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Contact Manager application for Windows

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:16 AM

Regarding #1 - I would guess a combination of an Outlook calendar and an Excel spread sheet would work.

Also - what's wrong with anything that came up when you googled "contact manager"? There's some pretty nifty web based options.

Regarding #2 - Sure, what's your budget looking like?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:07 AM

To be honest, when I googled "contact manager" I found the results chaotic!!
I am looking for a trusted and tested application to avoid doing several times the same thing in order to decide which would probably suit me best!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:08 AM

Mkay... well that's sort of the point of the investigative work of new apps. Find some that look good (or have high reviews), compare features, see if they meet your company's need, play with a demo, and then pick.

Honestly I don't works for your company, and I don't know the implied or implicit needs that always are different with each place.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

It's because you're looking under the wrong term.

What you're after is called a "CRM". (Customer Relationship Manager). Here's a partial list:
http://en.wikipedia...._of_CRM_systems

There are plenty of these on the market. They're designed to make it easy for organizations to track and manage their relationships with customers. You can use them in many different ways, but your description is a classic one. Record interactions, make notes, schedule appointments, and share information between departments.

Even google apps now has a CRM on their marketplace now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1