3 Replies - 441 Views - Last Post: 23 June 2011 - 01:43 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Java Programming Question

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

This is <u>not</u> a priority question. I am currently learning Python, but I Would like to eventually learn Java as well. Could someone give me some examples of common uses? Also, how complicated is the code?

Thanks, answer whenever you have time.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Java Programming Question

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Java Programming Question

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:02 PM

You might want to start with my thread on Getting Better at Programming Java. It provides a good direction on how to proceed.

Java is a high-level, platform independent language. It can be used for desktop applications (Java SE), enterprise and web apps (Java EE), and mobile apps (Java ME, Android).

As for the syntax, you can check out the tutorials sections and make that judgment for yourself. I don't think the syntax is that bad. Different people have different standards, though. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Critical Section
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

Also Java is fully Object Oriented and cross platform, it is used in may places as mac explains. You may also look at Java resource thread pinned at Java forum.
@mac: I think it will be very nice if that thread(Getting Better at Programming Java) will also be pinned to Java forum. Just to say today at Introduce your self forum I was welcoming someone and he was asking about Starting Java but I failed to remember the link of that thread.

This post has been edited by smohd: 23 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

I don't think the syntax is that bad. Different people have different standards, though.

To you and me, it's not bad at all (C# is incredibly similar until you get into LINQ and Lambdas). But to someone with only Python experience, it'll be somewhat of a transition. More expressive, and more verbose. But by that turn, more structured and factorable.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1