4 Replies - 6851 Views - Last Post: 13 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

good Software Engineering online course

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:09 PM

I would like to know a good Software Engineering online course in a good university. Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: good Software Engineering online course

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: good Software Engineering online course

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

In a "good university", you want to take "online classes"? I don't think that that's something you can just...sign up for unless you want to go someplace like the University of Phoenix, which many argue is not a "good university". The first step is to apply to a college of your choice and then once accepted, you see if there are online courses available.

ASAIK, you really can't have the best of both. You can dedicate at least some time (maybe for night classes) at a full university or you can go for a more inferior school. It's up to you.

**Moved to Student Campus**
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• spelling expret
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

if you're just looking for knowledge then you could check out MIT OpenCourseWare. in fact im half tempted to make a topic about MIT OpenCourseWare. OpenCourseWare bascily allows you to "audit" an MIT course via lecture notes, quizzes, projects/problem sets, ect... you don't get a credit for it but it's 100% free and how much better a class can you get something from MIT? MIT also has a lot of the classes on youtube so you actually watch a lecture, you hardly miss out on anything :)

my only complaint is that not all the courses have an equal amount of resources. it's nice and i highly recommend it :) im thinking about working though the compiler devolpment class. they use Antler for the lexer/parser and i believe it uses Java for most of the program.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

View Postaprocfu, on 27 June 2011 - 08:09 PM, said:

I would like to know a good Software Engineering online course in a good university. Thanks

MIT is good, Stanford as well has some free courses as well. If you would like a class that you can use towards a degree, look up respectable universities and see if they have any online classes. I know University of Maryland and University of Illinois Urbana Champagne (UIUC) have online masters degree in computer science. These are not boo-boo schools. Look for programs that are ABET accredited for engineering and sign up!

good luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

Drexel University offers an online Master's program in Software Engineering. Information about the program can be found here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1