3 Replies - 252 Views - Last Post: 30 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Browser Compatibility

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:54 AM

I just came across Adobe BrowserLab from another forum posting on this website and I checked it out because I want to see how my websites are displaying across multiple browser platforms, especially in Internet Explorer. It's a great idea; however, with not so great results for one of the websites I'm working on.

Website I'm currently working on

According to BrowserLab, the website above displays fine in Firefox 3, 3.6, 4.0, and 5.0 (current version I have); however, versions of Internet Explorer prior to 9.0 displays the website incorrectly.

Can anyone with older versions of Internet Explorer verify this for me?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Browser Compatibility

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Browser Compatibility

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:16 AM

Well scentauri,
This is only happening because many CSS and HTML attributes and properties supported in browsers like FF, Opera ,Safari and chrome are not supportable in IE.

When you are developing a website or apps and if you want that this web apps should open in good manner in IE too than use the things which are supported in IE and test your web apps in IE too at the time of development.This is how you can get the right results.

Also from your website its look like there is a problem in css background properties.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:40 AM

I edited the CSS of the page. It appears position:fixed/position:absolute was causing the problem in IE.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

Scentauri, I see you already fixed your problem. Just to let you know, it's common to see websites that us conditional statements for IE. In it there are linsk to sylesheets or the stylesheet itself.

This post has been edited by EnvXOwner: 30 June 2011 - 08:16 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1