2 Replies - 896 Views - Last Post: 09 July 2011 - 12:00 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Can I make this screensaver appear on dual monitors?

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

I found this awesome screensaver called Text Search Screensaver on www.crpower.com. This was done by a guy named Robert Seaborn. Attached is his open source code done in Visual Basic C# 2005. I only have the 2010 version and need to convert the files over. I am a little new to C#.

I am trying to get this screensaver to show on my second monitor, so far it only shows on one. Is this possible?

Any help you could give me would be completely awesome. Thanks guys!

Attached File(s)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Can I make this screensaver appear on dual monitors?

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Can I make this screensaver appear on dual monitors?

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:38 AM

The way to do this ios actually pretty simple if you break it down:
1. Determine how many monitors the system has, and get their dimensions. This is pretty simple if you look into the Screen class in the System.Windows.Forms namespace. Hint: Check the static properties.
2. Now you know how big your combined working area is for the multiple monitors you can resize the form and position it correctly to cover the enire working area. Hint: if you want to find which screen the form is on try Screen.FromControl...

Also, not meaning to be panikity but there is no such thing as Visual Basic C# 2005 - it is either VB or it's C#, in this case it is C#.

This post has been edited by ragingben: 07 July 2011 - 02:41 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Can I make this screensaver appear on dual monitors?

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:00 AM

Hi, this is Robert from crpower. I'm glad you like my screensaver. I'm going to update the code to add multi-monitor support and make it more efficient. I've noticed that my laptop fan gets louder when the screensaver runs, so that means the CPU is working harder. So that's my main reason for refactoring it. Are there some features or options that you would like added?

Rob
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1