1 Replies - 3229 Views - Last Post: 07 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

div(overflow:auto) not working on iPad?

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:51 PM

Hello Guys,

I am developing a web apps for iPad.I am using html, javascript and css for that.I am using overflow:auto property of div tag on a html page which is working good on all the browsers on desktop.But it is not working on the iPad.It's just showing the scrollbar but this scrollbar is just displaying like an image and nothing will happen when I am scrolling or clicking on the scrollbar.Suppose if I have 500 records, the page just displaying say 20 records and i am not able to see the remaining records.

So anyone have any idea that why it is happening and how to crack this.

Your answers will surely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Arvind Thakur

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: div(overflow:auto) not working on iPad?

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: div(overflow:auto) not working on iPad?

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

NOTE - I haven't ever tried this with an ipad.

I would not be suprised if the problem is because ipad and iphone browser is just a fraction of an actual browser (no Java, flash, etc. support). When I think about it I haven't ever (and I mean EVER) seen a web page with multiple scrollbars. I believe that you are given a single (main body) scrollbar and that's it. Therefore if you need a second scrollbar you can't get it and will have to make your own. Then when you have overflow: auto it causes the div to want to scroll when you go over the standard (specified) height, but since i* browser doesn't support multiple scroll bars you can't.

I may be wrong here, but I also wouldn't be at all surprised if this is just not possible.

Sorry.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1