4 Replies - 37399 Views - Last Post: 13 May 2010 - 08:03 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to make a calculation in microsoft access?

Post icon  Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:41 AM

hi good day!!
I Have no background in microsoft access, but i want to make a simple database that can perform a simple calculation..

i hope you can help me!!!

Thank you and good day!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to make a calculation in microsoft access?

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to make a calculation in microsoft access?

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:43 AM

We certainly can, but you'll have to provide some more information. What kind of data will you need to store? what is the calculation to be performed?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:17 PM

Hi newbie here.. here's the sample calculation I want to perform. It's more on timekeeping like (TIME OUT-TIME IN= NO. OF HOURS WORK). Hope you can teach me how to do this in ms access. Thank you :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Guest_felix kili*

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

[quote name='Kili' date='12 May 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1171475014' post='202448']
am trying to create a project that will calculate salaries but i don't know how to input the codes. for example how to find "number of years worked" by subtracting "year of entry" from "current year". i also don't know how to get increment according to the number of years worked and also to calculate the total salary by adding monthly salary+increment. please help
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• Your worst nightmare
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:03 AM

View Postfys999, on 15 March 2010 - 10:17 PM, said:

Hi newbie here.. here's the sample calculation I want to perform. It's more on timekeeping like (TIME OUT-TIME IN= NO. OF HOURS WORK). Hope you can teach me how to do this in ms access. Thank you :)

To answer this one, try something like:
Select tbl.EmpId, (tbl.TimeOut-tbl.TimeIn) as HoursWorked
From tblUsers as tbl

[quote name='felix kili' date='12 May 2010 - 11:51 AM' timestamp='1273686712' post='1016153']

View PostKili, on 12 May 2010 - 08:47 PM, said:

am trying to create a project that will calculate salaries but i don't know how to input the codes. for example how to find "number of years worked" by subtracting "year of entry" from "current year". i also don't know how to get increment according to the number of years worked and also to calculate the total salary by adding monthly salary+increment. please help

For this one, try using the Wizards in Access first, and see what you come up with. Also, Microsoft.com has templates that you can play with. If there's a more complex issue, we would be more then happy to help you out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1