5 Replies - 989 Views - Last Post: 03 September 2011 - 01:04 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

my new website design

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

Hi guys, I need dome creative feedback on my website. I am trying to start a new design agency so any clues and advices will be appreciated. Does the website need anything or do you think its complete? Please share your ideas with us!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: my new website design

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: my new website design

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

Try and minimize the double posting..

Site check is the right place for this.
http://www.dreaminco...bsite-to-check/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

The banner-like image in the main content needs to go.

Sort your posts by date, the most recent being first. As a visitor I don't want to have to scroll down to the bottom of a page to find new content.

Make the menu and all of your bars a single color. The "gloss" you put on there is a tacky web 2.0 trend that's long since died. The white text is a bad idea, instead make a darker background for the black text to have a current state.

Why is there that space between the menu and the main content? Negative margins to fix it.

The search bar is broken.

The main banner just shouts newbie. You threw some elements on in photoshop with no eye towards design rules. If they look thrown on then that's all a visitor needs to rank you as a novice. You don't want that type of heat. The dice are low-res and need to go.

You should know about line-height. Just as most teachers require double-space for essays for readability, you should have the same in a web design. 1.5 to 2x the font size spacing will drastically increase the flow and readability.

Same as with the menu, the gloss effect is dead. The bars are too tall and take up too much room.

Get rid of that hit counter. That is THE biggest novice giveaway you can put on a site next to comic sans.

You need a footer with site information in it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

*Moved to Site Check*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

Thanks for all your replies. Hope to get more as I changed a lot since you posted last time. Thanks again for all your creative feedback - I am rookie at web designing thats why I needed some criticism on what I have done.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:04 AM

The website looks too plain for one belonging to a graphic design company! WAY too plain.
You need to stand out. Think outside the box, find an unique way to showcase your portfolio. Webdesign Ledger has zounds of inspirational posts.
Remember, if a client ever goes to your website, you need to make him go "WOAH, this is cool!", not "OH..look..a hit counter and a plain banner". ;)

Good luck!
AD
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1