• (2 Pages)
  • +

25 Replies - 5380 Views - Last Post: 26 July 2011 - 06:35 AM

• Bastard Operator From Hell
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Amy Winehouse joins the 27 club.

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:23 AM

Is it just me, or are more and more celebs are dying nowadays?

Edit:

This post has been edited by Mikhail: 24 July 2011 - 05:28 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:19 AM

A 'celebrity' dies, Newspapers, Radio, TV is filled with thigns about them, recapping their greatest hits, clips of their best movies etc etc. A Hero dies fighting for his country, what does he get? If he's lucky, a tiny line at the bottom of a page of an obscure paper only a handful of people actually read. I'd much rather watch a clip show of Hero's and their families, than the overpayed hijinks of 'role models' pumping them selves full of god knows what.

:/

Society is a strange thing, I'm so grateful I don't class my self as in it.
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:40 AM

This post has been edited by Nykc: 25 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#19 Craig328  Icon User is online

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

View PostShiggsy, on 25 July 2011 - 09:19 AM, said:

A 'celebrity' dies, Newspapers, Radio, TV is filled with thigns about them, recapping their greatest hits, clips of their best movies etc etc. A Hero dies fighting for his country, what does he get? If he's lucky, a tiny line at the bottom of a page of an obscure paper only a handful of people actually read. I'd much rather watch a clip show of Hero's and their families, than the overpayed hijinks of 'role models' pumping them selves full of god knows what.

:/

It's always somewhat sad (to me anyway) that people will put so much more stock in what someone is saying if that someone is a celebrity. If a person has a talent for playing a musical instrument or being really good at playing pretend (an actor) they're now an "expert" in whatever they decide to pontificate about. I mean, for crissake, we've had Christie Brinkley, one of the turds from NKOTB and even fucking Elmo (no offense Gabehabe) testify before Congress on issues. Elmo...a puppet.

Although, when Sally Struthers started doing those pleading TV commercials for starving kids in Africa, I think people just watched for the lulz. By that point in her life, she'd acquired the kind of size and density that only larger asteroids and smaller moons can aspire to.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Winning
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:34 AM

She was asking for it taking all them drugs so i'm not surprised by the slightest bit why she isn't alive. It always makes me laugh when people get so upset when a celebrity dies, like they were best buddies with them or something and even further to that for mourning over someone who was literally a crack-head. There's thousands of people getting killed unjustly everyday that no one wants to spare a thought for.

IN SIMPLE TERMS, I DON'T GIVE A SHIT.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#21 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

If you've ever had a friend who's been in a situation like this, it's a bit harder to take that flip attitude. Yeah, she chose to do the drugs, I guess. But you don't know and I don't know what was going on there, and if you're saying that she deserved what she got, then you're also saying that a great friend of mine from high school deserved what he got when he died of an overdose at 20.
So, kid, I'm glad you can have that attitude, because it means you don't know what it means to miss someone who won't come back, because he was stupid as a kid and then not strong enough to pull himself out - not quite strong enough to pull himself all the way out.
He'd quit, he'd gone off to school, he'd got himself together, and he screwed up. It was one screwup in a short life that was full of them, but it was his last screwup. And it damn near broke his father's heart - hearing that man cry at the memorial is something that will never leave me.

And kid - I'm glad you can have that attitude, because it means there's something that sucks that you don't have to feel, and I'm glad for you - but fuck you. Because Ian didn't deserve to die that way, and neither did Amy Winehouse, and his dad didn't deserve to have to bury his son, and her father didn't deserve to have to bury his daughter.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:27 AM

Posted Image

I really liked her and her music, too bad she is dead. I was really upset about it. It got me thinking about how life could be cut off short. :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

This post has been edited by cluless: 26 July 2011 - 12:31 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Winning
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:53 AM

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 25 July 2011 - 05:36 PM, said:

if you're saying that she deserved what she got, then you're also saying that a great friend of mine from high school deserved what he got when he died of an overdose at 20.

Sorry to hear about your friend but I didn't mention nothing about him? I was specifically targeting celebrities with a drug fuelled lifestyle.

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 25 July 2011 - 05:36 PM, said:

So, kid

I'm not a kid so there you go.. don't take shit so personally.

Last but not least, you think its fair to put Amy Winehouse on the front cover of every newspaper when there's stuff going on in East Africa and other places in the world that no one really knows much about?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

View Postm-e-g-a-z, on 26 July 2011 - 01:53 AM, said:

Last but not least, you think its fair to put Amy Winehouse on the front cover of every newspaper when there's stuff going on in East Africa and other places in the world that no one really knows much about?

I agree, if the newspapers and media need to got out of their personal life.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

The newspapers are going to print whatever sells newspapers. It's a sad fact of today's society that the average person is more interested in the lives of their favorite celebrities than anything that might be considered useful information.

Not surprised she's dead, I mean, who the hell did she think she was, Charlie Sheen?

I find it hard to sympathize with these celebrities, if I had millions of dollars I'd want to live as long as possible to try to spend it all, and I could find much better ways to fill my time than snorting it up my nose. My advice to all these "depressed" celebrities, buy a fucking wave runner, if that doesn't make you happy then you're right, money can't buy your happiness and you should give your money to me, because my happiness is totally for sale!
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:35 AM

Yah the newspapers are going to print whatever sells paper. That is one of the reasons i am glad i am not a celebrity. :gunsmilie:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +