1 Replies - 356 Views - Last Post: 28 July 2011 - 12:13 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Unable to get multi targetting in visual studio 2010

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

Attached ImageI got acquainted a few months back with Microsoft visual studio 2010 and .net.I tried my hand to learn the programming language. I have come to the level of developing the application and making it to run in the development PC as intended."The problem is i am not able to target a specific .net version(3.5SP1) and create a deployment package to work in the target PC running Windows 7"

Instead of taking the whole developed application for deployment, I created a new Visual basic project with just a single form and created a successful build of it.In project properties- advanced compile option my target framework is .net 3.5, target CPU X86.

Then added a new Deployment Project(Visual Studio Installer) and created a Debug build as well as Release build.In the prerequisites also i clicked only on .net 3.5 SP1, When i tried to install in the PC with Win 7, It showed that .net framework 4 is missing,
The following is the window that popped up when i tried to install the setup. ![enter image description here][1]

Can some one tell me exactly where i am going wrong...? I cannot have .net 4 in the target PC, It will have 3.5 Sp1 the native of Windows 7 only.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Unable to get multi targetting in visual studio 2010

• Critical Section
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Unable to get multi targetting in visual studio 2010

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:13 AM

Try the following links, they may be useful:
MSDN- Targeting a Specific .NET Framework Version or Profile
MSDN- HOW TO:Target a Specific .NET Framework Version or Profile
MSDN- Troubleshooting .NET Framework Targeting Errors