I'm programming an Evil (DIY) Scientist top secret project, in C (obviously), that can control most of a PCs high level functions and a couple of unexpected low level ones!
High level is really what you anything you can change direct from Windows Control panel, and the like.
'Low level' in my case is a little different, here are some things I want to cover;
- CPU fan speed
- CPU temperature
- Powering the USBs (ie: turning on and of if possible, else just the load
- Checking how taxed the CPU is
- Checking RAM
- Power going to RS-232, Parallel
- Probally not low-level but worth a mention: controlling a USB printer
- [insert obscure piece of equipment]
- And direct control of the speakers...
I think that's all.
I'm eager to learn , but Google ain't my friend no more!
Did I mention that this has operate side by side with
'The impossible is possible to anyone who is brave enough to try'