3 Replies - 11287 Views - Last Post: 07 August 2011 - 10:42 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Objective-c resources (books)

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:14 PM

I am starting to learn objective-c, primarily through video tutorials (thenewboston, is there something better out there?) and then writing small snippets of code to learn the new concepts. In your opinion, what do you think are the best/most helpful resources on objective c on the internet (besides dreamincode) and what book(s) would you recommend to learn objective-c? Also, what do you think is the most useful strategy to get a firm understanding of objective-c.

My eventual goal is to write an ios app utilizing objective-c once I have a firm understanding on it. My background has been in web development, primarily php, mysql, html, and css. I have little knowledge in software development and C.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

This post has been edited by Mitman: 05 August 2011 - 02:15 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Objective-c resources (books)

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Objective-c resources (books)

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

The best suggestion anyone can give you is to keep making programs with what you learnt, and experimenting a bit while your at it. A book that I own and love is Programming in Objective-C 2.0. This is a great book and covers most of what you need to know to be productive. They even have a section at the end that covers the basics of iOS development. :)

This post has been edited by heyoman1: 07 August 2011 - 11:06 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

thanks for the reply. is the book easy to understand, considering this is my first software development language? and do you know it think it would be alright to get the second edition or should i get the third edition?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:42 PM

The book has a nice pace to it, going through each topic in depth, and is easy to understand.

I say always get the latest editions of a book to keep on track with the latest software (well, at least at the time of the book's writing).
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1