13 Replies - 5304 Views - Last Post: 09 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Promissing languages

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:40 AM

Respected colleagues!

What do you think, what kind of programming languages are most promissing?

Please, vote!)
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Promissing languages

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Promissing languages

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:12 AM

Check out TIOBE for rankings.... can give you an idea where languages lie and what languages are coming up.

Major players,

C
C++
Java
C#
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:53 AM

1.Java
2.C++
3.C#
4.C
5.Assembly

In my opinion
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:01 AM

English
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:25 AM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 08 August 2011 - 06:01 AM, said:

English

The best answer!))
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:40 AM

But if to be a serious, cross software are developed very intensively at present time. And I would to know your opinion about it. Is it really so important to develop cross software or to develop very high quality applications for concrete platform. Please,your opinion...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:48 AM

Cross-platform software is the phrase for which you're looking, not "cross software".
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:48 AM

View PostProgrammer_С++, on 08 August 2011 - 07:40 AM, said:

But if to be a serious, cross software are developed very intensively at present time. And I would to know your opinion about it. Is it really so important to develop cross software or to develop very high quality applications for concrete platform. Please,your opinion...

You are asking a very vague, generalize question about a broad topic.
You might as well be asking... What is the best kind of vehicle to buy? Or what is the best kind of plastic to make?

It all depends on your needs... Your area of business.

If you are interested in embedded devices like computers that control automobile engines it is still programming - but it is entirely different to writing a point of sale program meant to be used as a self-service kiosk like you see at Home Depot. And that is entirely different to writing a program that is meant to be used on a mobile platform.

You need to make a decision about what kind of programming, what area of interest, what industry you want to work in, before you can worry about the specifics of which language and OS and platform.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:56 AM

View PostJackOfAllTrades, on 08 August 2011 - 07:48 AM, said:

Cross-platform software is the phrase for which you're looking, not "cross software".

I think its reasonable to assume the OP's native language is not English. Their posts ring very much like Hindi or Arabic as their first language.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 08 August 2011 - 06:48 AM, said:

View PostProgrammer_С++, on 08 August 2011 - 07:40 AM, said:

You are asking a very vague, generalize question about a broad topic.
You might as well be asking... What is the best kind of vehicle to buy? Or what is the best kind of plastic to make?

It all depends on your needs... Your area of business.

If you are interested in embedded devices like computers that control automobile engines it is still programming - but it is entirely different to writing a point of sale program meant to be used as a self-service kiosk like you see at Home Depot. And that is entirely different to writing a program that is meant to be used on a mobile platform.

You need to make a decision about what kind of programming, what area of interest, what industry you want to work in, before you can worry about the specifics of which language and OS and platform.

Thank You very much for your answer! I just started IT learning, and I did not work in a company on software developer job, yet. And I try to choose a direction...

This post has been edited by Programmer_С++: 08 August 2011 - 07:34 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

Start with these:
Which Language Should I Learn?
DIC Tutorials Section
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#12 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:56 AM

It is not clear to me whether you're looking for a discussion or a recommendation for action, but in either case, the answer is the same: a programmer has to know multiple languages in order to write the best possible code in any of them. And once you know a good sampling of languages, it's easier to speak sensibly about which of them might be best suited for a given application.
If you really want to understand the differences between languages, it's worth learning something about compilers and interpreters, and trying to implement at least parts of each.

There's an apparent paradox here: the purpose of higher-level languages is to allow the programmer to write programs without knowing what machine they'll run on or how they'll be interpreted, but in order to use these tools effectively you have to think a lot about the underlying machine and how it runs its native code, and how your source code becomes that native code.
The paradox is easily resolved, though: like a carpenter deciding on one hammer or another, you think about these things when you're not swinging the hammer.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#13 lordofduct  Icon User is online

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 08 August 2011 - 01:56 PM, said:

I think its reasonable to assume the OP's native language is not English. Their posts ring very much like Hindi or Arabic as their first language.

It is still valid to correct him. It is reasonable to assume OP wants to learn English.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

View Postlordofduct, on 09 August 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 08 August 2011 - 01:56 PM, said:

It is still valid to correct him. It is reasonable to assume OP wants to learn English.

While I agree with you personally, I gave up that fight. Too many petty people ripping at my reputation because I dared to have the audacity to assume that everyone in the world wants to learn the language of the American oppressor. It doesn't seem to matter that this is an English speaking website, or that the coding languages themselves are subsets of English. Apparently I was incredibly insensitive to the plight of the third world nations and arrogant to assume that everyone wants to learn English.

Personally, and this is no reflection on DIC. I just stopped answering questions from people that cannot form a sentence I can follow; or people that start their questions with "Salam, alahs peace to you noble sirs" and the like. Its just a personal choice on my part based on the reactions these people respond with when you don't give the finished code but instead suggest they learn something new.

I also keep a list of users that I just won't answer questions for. But again, that's me and not DIC.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1