2 Replies - 1583 Views - Last Post: 15 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Appropriate web hosting site for a java applet with mySQL database

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:17 AM

Hi guys, just done my system in java web application which is a game, and I'll be uploading this into a web hosting site,problem is I was thinking if I could just purchase a plan other than the VPS? I just worry that my system will not run in the browser if I don't upload glassfish server 3.1 during system development in netbeans 7.0.. I have 2 versions of my system, one is to be uploaded in a web hosting site, while the other one is an installer for offline use.

My project consists of a database which is mySQL, I'm not really familiar with the use of Glassfish server because I just use it so that I can view my applet in an applet viewer in netbeans. Would it make any difference if I don't upload my Glassfish server in the web hosting site I will purchase? coz I'll be uploading my database too, I heard that Glass fish is also a webserver like APACHE and also I can't use 2 webservers at the same time. I hope you can clear this for me.

So again my major question here is should I go for VPS and upload glassfish server or any webhosting site with database support can be a candidate to be my host?

I badly need your answers guys! thanks so much God BLess

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Appropriate web hosting site for a java applet with mySQL database

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Appropriate web hosting site for a java applet with mySQL database

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Can't you just embed the applet in any webpage and then upload that to any ol' hosting? I believe anyone that happens upon the page then has to have java installed - so the onus is on the page viewer and not you.

http://www.devtech.c...lp/appembed.htm
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Appropriate web hosting site for a java applet with mySQL database

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 14 August 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

Can't you just embed the applet in any webpage and then upload that to any ol' hosting? I believe anyone that happens upon the page then has to have java installed - so the onus is on the page viewer and not you.

http://www.devtech.c...lp/appembed.htm

Yes we're thinking of doing that too, and I also found an article on working with applets and connecting to mySQL database but now I'm confused with the difference between WAMP and APACHE? o.O they say that in order for me to use my database on my applet I have to create a jar file and create a class where I could put my mySQL connection URL and stuffs needed to connect to my database when it is uploaded in the net. I'm using USBwerver PhpmyAdmin.My question is , if I already have USBwerver for my apache do I still need to use WAMP?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1