2 Replies - 631 Views - Last Post: 05 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

functionality review for savetu.be

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:46 AM

Hey everyone!

About a week ago I published a new interface and backbone to my video download site savetu.be.
For those that don't know what savetu.be does: It allows users to save videos from streaming video providers (currently only youtube but vimeo is coming this week). The main difference to all other alternatives is that it works fully with native browser technology. This means no unconfined JAVA or other plugins.

Now since I changed the layout of the site I am curious about how easy it is for a first time visitor to understand and use the service. So I ask for info from You fellow DICers to tell me if something is difficult to follow or wrong.

the front page is an instructions page so please head there and report back any intell you have about errors or inconsistencies in the service.

Thanks, k

PS: if you go for the 1click bm please note that one click functionality is disabled atm and the application will revert to the default "select video format to save" functionality.

This post has been edited by justforgetme: 15 August 2011 - 05:53 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: functionality review for savetu.be

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: functionality review for savetu.be

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:03 AM

In my opinion, the steps look complicated and may force the user to look for other alternatives at the first glance.
The other thing is that it happens to be difficult to find the order of the steps
And perhaps for someone who has little internet usage experience the steps are look hard; It may be a good Idea if you animate the steps or may be add one short video.

This post has been edited by paradoxia: 15 August 2011 - 06:05 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: functionality review for savetu.be

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

well that is weird, I can swaer I didn't get a notification about your post!

Anyway. I get what You mean, I will try out some redesigns of the frontpage and report back.

I was thinking of creating animated gifs for the steps which are actually just two:
1) install the bookmark on your bookmarks bar
2) got to video and click the boookmark

So I will see what I can do (this is a free time project)..

Thanks for the insights.

BTW: did you check the full functionality? did everything work out?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1