1 Replies - 1532 Views - Last Post: 15 August 2011 - 08:05 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Scheduled Tasks, is it too heavy?

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:38 AM

Hi, I have a Scheduled Tasks that is too heavy, so my question is, a too heavy Scheduled Tasks could drop down the coldfusion server? i mean sometimes my Scheduled Tasks exceeded the loop limit time, anyway I am looking for other way to make the same thing but no too heavy.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Scheduled Tasks, is it too heavy?

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Scheduled Tasks, is it too heavy?

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

Well, a scheduled task is really just an automatic call for a normal CF page request. This means, if you manually bring up the scheduled task URL in a browser window, does it time out there as well?

Remember that a scheduled task is being called and run by the server which will mean you can have different session, CGI, request and form scope values as opposed to an actual user. However, you can use the requestTimeout attribute of the CFSETTING tag to extend how long the page will have to complete the tasks before it times out. The requestTimeout attribute takes a value which represents number of seconds after which, if no request back from the server, CF considers the page to be unresponsive.

However, it would depend greatly upon what your scheduled task is actually doing. There are all kinds of ways you could take code to break it into constituent parts for quicker processing. Maybe figuring out what the loop is doing (and does it really need to do all of everything it's doing) is a good place to start.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1