1 Replies - 705 Views - Last Post: 16 August 2011 - 06:33 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Macro Recorder which Data Structure will do!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

I have to create a macro recorder that will does
1) Record every keystroke pressed from the keyboard and then saves it into a database for later use and assigns it a hotkey and by pressing that hotkey user will be able to paste the saved data on to the active window.
2) Mouse automation
3) Assigning hotkeys to file/folder/installed applications, means by pressing the assigned hotkey specified file/folder/application will be opened..
4) Assigning hotkey to system events such as restart, log off, shutdown..
.....My question is which data structure should I use in the above mentioned program, or should I use a data structure or not? I have to save the data into database for later use.......Is it possible to use data structure here or with databse applications ?

This post has been edited by flawa: 16 August 2011 - 04:59 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Macro Recorder which Data Structure will do!

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Macro Recorder which Data Structure will do!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:33 AM

Problem and warning. The code you are talking about could be used for malicious purposes - i.e. a keylogger so you will not be able to get too much help on this topic on this forum. While one used to be able to at least talk in the abstract about such things that is not really the case any more.

macro software:

There is an open source project called AutoIt that you can look into that does exactly what you are talking about using Au3Recorder (there is also a program called AutoHotkey that has recording capabilities but I don't think you can get the source to that).

You can find the source for autoit here. And I understand that the authors are pretty active members of the forum there so you can maybe do some research into the design or ask questions on how they implemented their solution.

data structures:

As for the data structure. Well you will probably have more than one but I suppose that you mean just for the recoding of events. You could of course store this information into a database like SQLite but that might be a bit of an overkill. A simple data file should probably work.

tread lightly as this topic may already be closed by the time I try to post this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1