• Last »

140 Replies - 10695 Views - Last Post: 19 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Are Women=Problems? I don't think so but the equation proofs it

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:06 AM

View PostEnvXOwner, on 16 August 2011 - 10:46 AM, said:

hmmm. Why wouldn't you take morality advice from a 14 year-old. What I said I feel is applied everywhere.

Two reasons:

1./ Advice is useful when it originates from an experienced source (aka: "wisdom"). This is separate from what is known as "common sense"...the sort of notions that everyone inherently knows to be truths or conventional wisdom. In my experience, exceptionally few 14 year olds possess this.

2./ The statement you made exposes this rather handily:

Threads involving racism, sexism, asking where people come from, and religion, are pointless. They don't get you anywhere.

In this context, "threads" = "discussions". Take your statement, substitute the word "Threads" with "Discussions" and then tell me if you feel it's still valid.

View PostBenignDesign, on 16 August 2011 - 11:03 AM, said:

Wow. I said sexism is alive and well and you take it to mean I'm calling everyone sexist?

Huh? How did you arrive there?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:09 AM

Experienced source. I know all of these things when I see them. I don't like talking about it since it made up most of my childhood. You're taking the word thread and making it into a discussion, I take the word thread and make it into topic. I'm not likely to take your substitution for a word where it doesn't seem valid.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:13 AM

I dunno. Your opening statement seemed to imply that you felt my view was inaccurate.

I realize there are many men in the field who are fully excepting of women as coders. And I don't expect anyone to hire anyone - regardless of gender or other demographics - if they are not qualified for the position.

I was just saying that sexism is out there. I've always wondered with some of those interviews if they called me merely so they could later say, "Look, we DID interview a woman for the job". Then again, I live in Podunk where minds are small and narrow and frequently closed to anything after 1950.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:18 AM

View PostEnvXOwner, on 16 August 2011 - 11:09 AM, said:

Experienced source. I know all of these things when I see them. I don't like talking about it since it made up most of my childhood. You're taking the word thread and making it into a discussion, I take the word thread and make it into topic. I'm not likely to take your substitution for a word where it doesn't seem valid.

Um...what good is a topic absent a discussion? Can you even have a topic without a discussion?

Do you believe that issues like sexism, racism and religious issues/intolerance can be dealt with minus civil discourse? I suppose if you subscribe to "kill everyone who disagrees with me" you could. However, most folks like MLK, Jr. and Gandhi believed otherwise.

I'd recommend considering adopting a more flexible outlook on life. Claiming omniscience and refusing to look at things from anything but your preferred point of view will not serve you well in most future paths. Just saying.

View PostBenignDesign, on 16 August 2011 - 11:13 AM, said:

I dunno. Your opening statement seemed to imply that you felt my view was inaccurate.

Ah. No, I assure you I didn't intend to convey the idea that you thought everyone is sexist. I was curious what your particular experiences were that delivered you to that opinion was all.

Besides, I can't imagine any sane man talking that way to a red head. You know how THEY can be. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:36 AM

Another gem

Instead of boxing or bodybuilding (witch, for a girl, is more stupid than having a child with Shreck's donkey), girls/women can do anything. The "hardware" is there for everywone, nowone gets a head start, but, in my oppinion, the "software" is what differentiates guys from girls.
A dude can live with cigarettes, coffe and a sandwich all day, but girls aren't that simple.I mean, guys can stay at a pc for 3 days, no shower, food, anything.They can be more dedicated.We don't have to finger ourself on a photo of justin bieber, we just go to work. It's about the mentality, if a girl can get out of the gravitational field of pink-glossy-crap ,she can defenetly be a great programmer.

And let's admit it, Nixie Pixel (just an example) is way hotter than any WWE diva.

http://www.dreaminco...ost__p__1234348

This post has been edited by NeoTifa: 16 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:42 AM

i can't see the original image but i do enjoy that a bunch of lurkers appeared to enjoy the shit out of whatever 20 year old sexism it contained.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

I like how nobody's even commented on the fundamental flaw of the equation in question. If you need TIME and MONEY, you need TIME + MONEY. Nothing to do with multiplication. The entire thing collapses. Also, the joke is older than my grandfather, and wasn't ever all that funny to begin with. (Even when it's done properly, where "problems" is replaced by "evil", since the quote is "money is the root of all evil." I mean, you even fucked the quote up. You suck.)

I can't believe that four of you people voted it up. This is why we can't have nice things. Bring back downvoting topics in the lounge, I say. Some of you people are rewarding stupid behavior, guaranteeing we'll see more shit threads from paradoxia. Thanks, guys, that's just what the lounge needs.

Edit: rehosted for those of you who can't see it (I couldn't either):

http://i.imgur.com/TQJHV.jpg

This post has been edited by Curtis Rutland: 16 August 2011 - 08:45 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:45 AM

I ask you to excuse me if you think this is again a pointless thread. I searched through Google about this topic and found a lot of posts; but I couldn't find any related thread to this thread on DIC.

:rockon:

In the future surely I will improve on my topics and threads

This post has been edited by paradoxia: 16 August 2011 - 08:48 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

Don't apologize, take it like a man. And that was precisely the picture I thought it was.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

View PostCurtis Rutland, on 16 August 2011 - 11:44 AM, said:

I like how nobody's even commented on the fundamental flaw of the equation in question. If you need TIME and MONEY, you need TIME + MONEY. Nothing to do with multiplication. The entire thing collapses.

You know, I actually scribbled a small bit of algebra when I saw that same flaw to see if it could still be worked. It comes out to Women = 3(Money) which doesn't translate well at all to the square root step.

But LOD already mentioned the insult to the math.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

View Postparadoxia, on 16 August 2011 - 11:45 AM, said:

I searched through Google about this topic and found a lot of posts; but I couldn't find any related thread to this thread on DIC.

This is the criteria you use to decide if/what to post here on DIC? You're not even original?

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

Wait.. your justification for posting that old-balls image is that you searched google, saw venerable corn-u-fucking-copia of discussions across the last fifteen years on the lulz of the math, but became concerned that there was a significant dearth of chatter about it on DIC which led you to your good Samaritan action and posting that image just to see if it is: "funny? untrue? true?" ?

Wow.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

POPULAR

View Postparadoxia, on 16 August 2011 - 10:45 AM, said:

I ask you to excuse me if you think this is again a pointless thread. I searched through Google about this topic and found a lot of posts; but I couldn't find any related thread to this thread on DIC.

:rockon:

I don't think it's a pointless thread, I think it's a fucking retarded thread. Moronic. Idiotic. Stupid.
Was This Post Helpful? 5
  • +
  • -

• LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:07 AM

View PostCurtis Rutland, on 16 August 2011 - 11:44 AM, said:

I like how nobody's even commented on the fundamental flaw of the equation in question. If you need TIME and MONEY, you need TIME + MONEY. Nothing to do with multiplication. The entire thing collapses. Also, the joke is older than my grandfather, and wasn't ever all that funny to begin with. (Even when it's done properly, where "problems" is replaced by "evil", since the quote is "money is the root of all evil." I mean, you even fucked the quote up. You suck.)

We actually did cover that in depth last time I saw it, which surely wasn't even the first time it was posted =p

I can't believe that four of you people voted it up. This is why we can't have nice things. Bring back downvoting topics in the lounge, I say. Some of you people are rewarding stupid behavior, guaranteeing we'll see more shit threads from paradoxia. Thanks, guys, that's just what the lounge needs.

I have found myself wishing I could downvote more threads again after some of these really awful ones have been started.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#45 lordofduct  Icon User is online

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:08 AM

View Postparadoxia, on 16 August 2011 - 03:45 PM, said:

I am beginning to suspect you will fail when it comes time to 'improve'.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »