• View blog

Text Based Browser Game Programmer/Graphic Desinger

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:43 AM

Game Info:

Graphics=Text

Category=Mafia/Gangster/Prison

Type=PvP & PvE

Programmer Info:

Pay=No pay, but if the game starts to generate revenue, I will split it with the helpers.

Knowledge=PHP ; HTML ; CSS ; MySQL ; CronJobs ; etc.

Graphic Designer Info:

Pay=No pay, but if the game starts to generate revenue, I will split it with the helpers.

Knowledge=Must know how to create: website template, small icons for menu links, graphics, etc.

I have a lot more info about the game itself, if you are interested in helping please contact me HERE

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Text Based Browser Game Programmer/Graphic Desinger

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Text Based Browser Game Programmer/Graphic Desinger

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

If you can't contact me HERE then my email is:textbased@hotmail.com
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

FYI: You're very very unlikely to find someone who will do all this work for you, only on the basis that maybe if the game does well (again unlikely because there are so many of these mafia/crime games around) they might get a bit of money.

If you really want it done and done well, you're going to have to either pay people, or you could learn how to do the programming yourself and save you the money.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:39 PM

Maybe we can clear a bit of the confusion if you tell us what role you will take in the production of this game? Will you be taking the role of software developer, idea person / manager or artist / graphics / web designer?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

I will be the be the manager, basically helping out a little with coding and graphics, but main thing is I have all of the ideas, the blueprint of the website. This is not going to be like all of the other mafia type games, trust me. It will have tons more features and be very complex. I wish I could put the information about it on here, but do not want anyone stealing it and it is very long. Please contact me at textbased@hotmail.com for more info. Thank you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:18 AM

You will be helping out with coding and graphics if needed? So if i for example have a large SQL query that is not working correctly or is too slow, you can come in and fix it for me? If somehow the site doesn't look quite look correct under google chrome, can you come in, fix the HTML/CSS so it looks proper while maintaining compatibility with other browsers including IE6?

Because you know, just having ideas is not really a skill, since everybody has ideas, and if you have no practical skill that can be used in a project it is very improbably you will ever find a team, and even less they will stick with you till the end.
A team of 2 persons (1 programmer + 1 designer) does not need a manager.
Also thinking your ideas will get stolen is silly; Anybody can create an idea for a game within half an hour. That same game idea could take many manyears to make. Why would i "steal" your idea and spend that time on it while i can also that time develop my own idea?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Your Imaginary Friend

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:16 PM

View PostYMCMB, on 28 August 2011 - 06:17 PM, said:

This is not going to be like all of the other mafia type games, trust me. It will have tons more features and be very complex.

You should begin all of your posts with "Dear Diary".

What are you looking to gain from making this game? This situation hardly merits a feeling of accomplishment, let alone income.

Text based games are very closely integrated with storyline. In fact, it's all just storyline with some iteration and logic loops thrown in. After a few days, when your idea has been all but spent, you'd be doing nothing. A couple of weeks later you'll have forgotten all about it and you'll get some *.zip files with your game in it. You'll stumble around eating cornflakes and continue your nihilistic life as if none of this had ever happened.

I see your text based underbelly and raise you a Zork. A Grue has devoured all of your hopes and dreams.

PS. What else can you tell us about the project? What language is it in? Have you begun or do we have to write the foundation ourselves? In what way will the graphics be used?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1