8 Replies - 615 Views - Last Post: 20 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How do i make this connect into a search engine?

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

I want to make a search engine that searches with in color,ive seen it done before i just dont know how.

I have a color picker already and a search engine but it's not programmed yet to search,i want to know how i can program both them to search keywords and for color!!

http://www.freewebs....6/TEMPORAWR.htm search engine bar for the keywords like 'dress' 'shirt' 'cats' 'dogs' http://www.freewebs....oko16/TEMPP.htm The color picker I'd like to use for this.

So how can i make this work out? I've never even made a search engine before but to make this engine both the color and keyword search engine must be connected so you can use BOTH at the same time for a high definition search. I've seen it done before!

i already searched online for tutorials... could you PLEASE help me on this?!

I forgot which language i was going to use it with so could you just pick a language i can use that can be done with what i already coded.
It's a very old project I've been putting off by the way, its over a year old and i just can't remember what i was going to do, its the last thing i have to do for my web store!

If you can't help me on this and just want to be paid to even help me slightly,i am willing to pay you the amount you wish to have once i get a money coming. I don't have any yet. So i would like this figured out in my head on how i could go upon coding this. I did lose quite a bit of coding i had typed up already but before i could save it my computer restarted on its own and firefox didn't save the file or anything i had up!! :(

MY question was deleted because some mod misunderstood me, i don't want anyone to program this for me i want to do this BY MYSELF except no-one will even tell me how i can do this.
I wanted LINKS and actual help to how i can do this and informative information i can work with.
Not a piece of code and junk that i can just copy and paste.

The only thing i've understood so far is how RGB is red blue and green which is the colors to the color picker but how would i give a color picker a color keywords to each of what it is..

I said i would pay someone to do it for me but i just can't i said i feel like i just want to quit and have people just do it for me i didn't say i'm going to, i just feel like a hopeless person right now, when i can't finish a project it makes me break down and cry then i just keep putting it off till the last minutue and i just CANT do that!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How do i make this connect into a search engine?

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How do i make this connect into a search engine?

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

It seems impractical to attempt to scan an image, attempt to locate the "meaningful object" (a whole subset of computer science), and attempt to find the correct color in an object with shading, tinting, and all that jazz.

I am telling you - go pickup a php book and start reading. Work from the front to the back. You'll get there!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

Moved to Web Development.

For PHP, check out the image functions. The imagecolorat() function seems particularly relevant.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 19 August 2011 - 07:28 PM, said:

Moved to Web Development.

For PHP, check out the image functions. The imagecolorat() function seems particularly relevant.

I like it thank you, I'm going to try seeing what i can do with it. I'll get back to you on it I'm still confused on how i can make this really work though how could i make them connect really? I've never made a color picker work with a search engine but i've seen it done quite a bit.

I'm not even sure about the color picker, would you say the image functions could work by making a list of color hex codes and then putting each image with the color code some how manually or would it be something simpler where it's all done by a simple code because I'm quite confused on how I'm even going to go upon even connecting these two things.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

The function I linked to returns an int. You will want to compare that int with int representations of hex color codes. Remember to convert hex (base 16) to decimal (base 10).
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 19 August 2011 - 07:45 PM, said:

The function I linked to returns an int. You will want to compare that int with int representations of hex color codes. Remember to convert hex (base 16) to decimal (base 10).

so by decimals you mean by the hex numbers?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

Um, no. I think my post states very clearly what I am referring to.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 20 August 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

Um, no. I think my post states very clearly what I am referring to.

what is base 10 then?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

Base 10 (Decimal) consists of 10 unique digits- 0-9. Base 16 (Hex) consists of 16 unique digits, 0-9 and A-F.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1