8 Replies - 1337 Views - Last Post: 29 August 2011 - 08:40 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Looking for junior programmers to code for fun

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:35 AM

Hello everyone,

I am a 16 year old 'programmer', I have limited experience with (In order of when I learnt it) PHP, Python, C++, Java and sufficient experience with Ruby. I find that coding alone can get boring (unless, of course, artificial intelligence, cryptography and/or bitwise operations are involved ;)), so I was wondering if there are any other people just like me (a.k.a. with similar experiences and similar age) who want to do some coding for fun. I got a github account :D.

-xfbs

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Looking for junior programmers to code for fun

• 4+1=Moo
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Looking for junior programmers to code for fun

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:39 AM

Firstly, welcome to Dream.In.Code. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Secondly, I am also 16 and you will find quite a bit of programmers our age hanging around this forum.

You can join my friend's IRC channel on Freenode which has quite a few of us "junior" programmers. Head over to Freenode's webchat here, enter in a nickname, fill in the captcha and press connect. I'm usually there plotting my evil projects to take over the world. :clown:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Junior bit compressor

• View blog

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

Don't forget to fill out that profile, it helps others figure out your personality.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:44 PM

@OLH064: just done that, I noticed your comment :D

Thanks for the advice, Armykid, I'll probably set up my IRC client again. There are so many channels on Freenode, can't hurt to follow some of them ;)

Cheers, xfbs
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

Damn, I came here and did this and people thought I was a pedophile XP lol. Probably because I was asking for 12 year-old programmers (I was 12 at the time). Well, welcome to the forums. There are a lot of people on ##XAMPP. You will want to watch out for XAMPP though. Don't ask why though XP.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:49 AM

View PostEnvXOwner, on 28 August 2011 - 06:44 PM, said:

Damn, I came here and did this and people thought I was a pedophile XP lol. Probably because I was asking for 12 year-old programmers (I was 12 at the time). Well, welcome to the forums. There are a lot of people on ##XAMPP. You will want to watch out for XAMPP though. Don't ask why though XP.

At what time are people online in ##XAMPP? I'm there now (on freenode) and there are only 9 people online. Well, I'll go online later today again.

I think I'm gonna enjoy the forums here :D. Hopefully I can talk to people that are more or less at the same level as me when it comes to languages and/or how to use them.

@EnvXOwner: wow, you started programming when you were 12? That's nice. When I was 12 I was amazed by HTML and PHP, but I sucked at both.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:11 AM

I haven't been there in about a week or two. They're usually there all day, but are afk. Sometimes they'll say stuff and get into long conversations XP. You won't see me on there though. I'm sure you'll find many people at your skill level on these forums :). Yeah, I started programming in VB.NET when I was 12 (I wasn't good). I started web design and stuff when I was 13. I started using PHP Summer of last year I believe.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:37 AM

It's amazing how many people do VB these days... When I started programming, I started with HTML :D. Btw, do you know how many people here use git? I use git a lot and I have been using github.com since june.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:40 AM

A lot of people here use GIT. I no longer use VB.NET, I really despise the language now. lol, well, HTML isn't a programming language XP.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1