Disable Account?

Page 1 of 1

10 Replies - 893 Views - Last Post: 23 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Disable Account?

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

I'm wondering if it's possible to disable or deactivate my account and how do I do it?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Disable Account?

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Disable Account?

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

It is not possible for your to disable the account.

Just don't log in.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

Thank you :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Bloodborne
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

Why would you do it?
I checked and there's no way I could see.(Checked the My Account links)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

Yeah I had a look and couldn't see a way through the links. Thanks anyway
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Bloodborne
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

You know, unless you're afraid that your teacher might see your thread in here, there is no good reason for you to delete your account. This is a very good community to learn. No matter if they "dishonor" you that is for your own good, for you to learn. Don't take it personally. These people are here to help you, and they don't hate you, they just don't like what you've learned from the point you've posted in this site. Don't give up! ^^
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:43 PM

Hi :)
My main reason for wanting to disable my account is because I've found people are trying to deter me from what I want to learn. I posted a topic and found I got quite a bit of help from a few people which was great and with their suggestions I was able to complete the program myself but I had a member pretty much telling me to go back to basics and to stop what I was doing. Now yes I believe everyone has a right to say what they want but honestly I didn't think there was a reason to continue posting the same thing trying to deter me from what I wanted to do even though there was people there willing to help. Also, it's not like the people helping me wrote the code out for me, they made a few suggestions and I worked on each of them until I got it right. I feel that I am learning and that I'm on the right track... I don't really like feeling like I should stop what I'm trying to learn because someone thinks I shouldn't be doing it.

Anyway :) In the end I got the program completed and I'm very happy with that. I just don't really feel comfortable posting more questions if I'll continue to be deterred.

Thank you fromTheSprawl for your support :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

View Postkimmi_baby, on 23 August 2011 - 09:43 PM, said:

I posted a topic and found I got quite a bit of help from a few people which was great and with their suggestions I was able to complete the program myself but I had a member pretty much telling me to go back to basics and to stop what I was doing.

Some people learn wrong. It's possible that this person was trying to prevent you from having to re-learn things?

There are about 10 topics a month in C/C++ where people are getting assignments using a 16bit compiler from the 80's. Their assignments are ass backwards (at best) & the code is even worse. We try to tell them as best we can that they are wasting their time. There is no employment market for the technology that they are learning.

It's often not taken well by the person asking the question.

I am sorry that you had an uncomfortable situation. But some people (myself included) feel that providing truth is sometimes better than just answering your questions & letting you go on your own. My suggestion is to chose to ignore it rather than leave the community. Leaving Dream In Code will not make the rest of the world treat you any different. You'll find stubborn, harsh, even sometimes wrong help/advice on any forum.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

You feel that you are learning and are on the right track? THAT IS AWESOME! :bananaman: Just wait until you write more programs, how good you will feel, and you can step back and say... YEAH, I made that!! WOOT!

NEVER, EVER, let ANYONE try to deter you from doing something! Unless of course, you are trying to jump off a bridge without a bungee...

Disregard what some say, maybe they are having a bad day and are just grumpy that day, learning to program stable apps takes time... many baby steps... just remember, the ones that are putting you down were once in your shoes whether they admit it or not...

DON'T GIVE UP.... there is a great deal of knowledge here to help on your journey!
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

no2pencil - I understand what you're saying and thank you for your reply. I definitely see your point although I am personally happy with where I'm at in the learning stage. I'll continue with the forums for the moment :)

GunnerInc - Thank you :) You've made my day.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#11 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

I want to expand on what no2pencil said. I've seen not only a lot of assignments from people on the forums, but I've been through the good, the bad and the ugly with academia. I've seen what works, what doesn't, and what's broken from a lot of perspectives. I've also seen a lot of people biting off too much too soon, which in one of those threads, is what one of the members was trying to tell you. In programming, as in math, there is a certain logical order to learning things, and sometimes it's best to slow down and get a grasp on the basics before trying to jump write in and start coding. It's easy to get frustrated when jumping into something for which one doesn't have a firm grasp on the concepts. It's all coming from a constructive place to help you succeed and gain confidence programming. Getting overwhelmed isn't a good recipe for success in this industry. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1