2 Replies - 1799 Views - Last Post: 24 August 2011 - 03:42 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Using the viewport metatag

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:28 AM

Hi there,

I am traditionally a product designer, although this new project I am working on utilises mobile web browsing. When I want the mobile browser to open the webpage I want it to automatically be zoomed into a specific div. I read that the meta tag viewport can do something similar to this although I am not really accustomed to iOS programming, although I do a bit in PHP and other web-based stuff. If you don't follow, what I want is, for example, when say a website opens that uses divs to organise its layout, I want to page to open with the browser automatically focused on a specific div within that page. Is this possible? And is this code compatible with Android and other mobile operating systems?

Thanks

- fart

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Using the viewport metatag

• member icon

• View blog

Re: Using the viewport metatag

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:39 AM

You should probably ask this question in the HTML/CSS section of the site. It sounds like what you're doing has nothing to do with Objective C. To answer your question about compatibility: Ideally, any sort of web design/development is entirely system agnostic, to the point of not relying on specific browsers to work properly. It should work on any platform, mobile or not.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Using the viewport metatag

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:42 AM

Ok, thanks. I have now posted the question in the html/css section. The moderators can delete this thread if they want.

- fart
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1