An interesting article for people striving to be "an expert". Lord knows we see our fair share of those topics here.
Have you ever wanted to take a client by the collar, shake them around vigorously and demand that they take you seriously because you are the expert? If so, you are not alone. Whether you consider yourself an expert and want recognition or are looking to one day become one, you need to step back and ask why being perceived in that way is important.
A few bullet points from the article:
- To become an expert, you need time and experience.
- proficient at overcoming problems.
- obsessive passion
- Being willing to fail is a sign of maturity, bravery and a desire to do better.
- The first step to being recognized as an expert is to stop insisting that you are one.
- How you articulate yourself is critical.
- it should always be about serving others.