2 Replies - 585 Views - Last Post: 02 September 2011 - 10:57 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Problem with research to learn C# but NOT CONSOLE APPLICATION

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

Hi! I'm probably an advanced beginner in programming. I already have prior experience in VB.net from a class I took in school, and more independent study. I'm farmiliar with code in general and slightly farmiliar with C#, but the only language intro's I've found are for console style applications with the command prompt. I've got VS 2008 Express Edition for VB.net and C#, and I learned VB.net with windows forms applications. I'm interested in learning C# as well, but only for Windows forms applications. Not for Console Applications. Does anyone know where I could find a tutorial or language intro of sorts for C# that is for windows forms applications? Please post links! Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Problem with research to learn C# but NOT CONSOLE APPLICATION

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Problem with research to learn C# but NOT CONSOLE APPLICATION

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

First, D.I.C C# Tutorials
Second, make sure you understand the basics of C# and console apps before moving onto windows form or WPF.

This is in VS 2010, but it is a start.
It is always wise to check out MSDN: How to: Create a C# Windows Forms Application

EDIT:
Here are some other resources:

This post has been edited by Gavisann: 27 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• I'm an @sshole :)

• View blog

Re: Problem with research to learn C# but NOT CONSOLE APPLICATION

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

I am also learning C# using VS2008.
Here's a suggestion. It's not a link, though. It's a book.
Microsoft Visual C#2008 Express Edition Build a Program Now I've been going through it and it started out better than most of the books I've gone through simply because it didn't start you out with the basic "Hello World" application, whether it's in console or forms.
Also, if you are looking for strictly links, I have been looking at http://msdn.microsof...d(v=VS.90).aspx
And finally, if you're just trying to learn a step at a time, I've been reading the forums here. It's amazing what you can learn just by reading other peoples questions.
Hope this helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1