Choosing a music player player --- Battery Life vs Expandable Memory

• (3 Pages)
  • +

37 Replies - 1212 Views - Last Post: 12 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

• go sabres

• View blog

Re: Choosing a music player player --- Battery Life vs Expandable Memory

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

I've had my 30gb Zune since launch which was like 5 years ago. Still alive and bumping even after getting ~6hours of use 5 days per week for the last 4 years. And the sound quality is incredible compared to my android phone. You might be able to find a good deal on them now since they don't make them anymore. But you might not want to get one because they don't make them. I personally wouldn't buy an ipod of any type, but that's probably just me and my dislike for apple.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#32 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

I second the Zune. It is the second most carried/used tech item in my pocket. I may have to jump to the ZuneHD one of these days. I sit about 26gb of music for the 30gb available.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• go sabres

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:14 AM

I know, I've been waiting and hoping to see a good deal on the zune hd. i've heard nothing but great things about the zune HD. Except for the fact they stopped making it... but yeah, i pretty much at the max on the 30gb and have to rotate stuff in and out every so often. Zune Pass FTW :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

View PostfromTheSprawl, on 12 September 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:

Account on what? ITunes? Some file storage on the cloud like Dropbox? I don't own a physical computer is it okay?

Again, I want a 1 TB player now! Money to buy I don't have though :P

You don't own any computer of any type?
What are you using right now for this thread? For homework? For coding, which is the primary purpose of this site?

Just a little advice: Always buy quality merchandise. Always buy the top of the range that you are looking at. You can spend $50 on an mp3 player this year, and six months from now, and 3 months after that... always buying something just a little nicer, or just replacing the crappy knock-off that broke. In 2 years you will have spent as much as if you bought an iPhone, and you still won't own a decent device.

Same with a computer. Don't buy a piece of junk eMachine for $200. Then a slighter nicer piece of junk in 8 months and so on. Wait. Be patient. Save your money. At the end of a year buy something worth owning.

"I want it now" - sounds like a spoiled child, IMO.
Sure an mp3 player is a nice toy/luxury when you have all the gear you *need*.
But life is about *needs* first and *wants* second. Don't be one of these people that buy their toys then don't have money for electricity. I hate seeing people with $3,000 in tattoo's but don't have medical insurance: That's just stupid.

Save up and buy a computer first. That is a tool you need a lot more than a music player. Plus it *is* a music player. Plus you need it to store your music library regardless which player you eventually purchase.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 12 September 2011 - 08:42 AM, said:

I second the Zune. It is the second most carried/used tech item in my pocket. I may have to jump to the ZuneHD one of these days. I sit about 26gb of music for the 30gb available.

Eh, well, unless your current one dies, I don't think you'd need to rush to the HD, I have one, and while it's nice, I pretty much only play music on it, I rarely ever use it for video (too small), and MS more or less killed any chance for people to make apps for it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:30 PM

I use a Cowon D2, though it looks a bit outdated by now (you might be able to get it's younger brother). Has 50 hours battery life (music), 16GB internal memory and an SD expansion slot. It's touch screen and does video/radio but the thing I love about it is its sound, iPods don't even come close to sounding as nice as it does.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 12 September 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

You don't own any computer of any type?
What are you using right now for this thread? For homework? For coding, which is the primary purpose of this site?

Yeah, since I entered college I didn't own a computer. I lived off internet cafes and the laptops of my friends. What I'm using now is my work computer. I do work too you know. :)

Anyway I agree with you with needs coming first before the wants, but the player thing was wishful thinking. 1 TB player? Do they have those things out now? If they do I'd be saving up now. And hey, I'm not buying a new player since the one I'm using now with its 1 hour batt life and 4 GB storage is enough for me. Heck, my phone is the bottom of the line now, no cameras, not even group send. Now I'm saving up for a PS2, not a PS3, because it has a larger library and games are cheap right now. I'll buy a PS3 when I can afford it. See, I'm not that person that buys stuff that he wants impulsively. ^^

Though you maybe right about me buying a PC first... you're not the first person to tell me to buy one. :P

Um, what is that account on cloud everyone is talking about?

scalt, that player sounds awesome! ^^
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

:withstupid: yeah I agree with tlhIn`toq about buying quality merchandise.. I'd be saving money next time.. I've noticed that most people prioritize their wants rather than needs. like when I go to someones house, they have the latest television, nice computer, wifi .. but the house is a bit falling apart, bathroom needs some repair.

so it's nice to buy those wishy stuffs when you think you're done with the things you need .. and go for good quality also

nice lessons learned here
:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +