6 Replies - 2370 Views - Last Post: 12 September 2011 - 07:06 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

run word file in vb.net form

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

good day,

im currently working on our thesis which is Computer Aided Instruction(CAI). I have a problem with my discussion of lessons. I want to load or run a word document inside the form, I already used the microsoft.office.word.., but it only shows the word outside the form. I also tried using the microsoft webbrowser based on the tutorial but still It only load or run the word file outside the form..,

Is there any other way that I could achieve this requirement?

best regards,

chulolots

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: run word file in vb.net form

• Master(Of Foo)
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: run word file in vb.net form

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:18 PM

You can set the parent of the word doc to a panel using the SetParent API. Though this is not a very clean way to handle it - due to quality of the title bar and ribbon control draw strangely with the mouse over.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:19 PM

thank you for the reply, can you please elaborate the idea.,. thank you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:38 AM

The only way I can think of you doing this is by adding in a com component in your toolbox. The .net framework doesnt have one installed so you will need to find a third party one.

http://msdn.microsof...studio/dd632929

I dont know of any free ones but I am sure one exists. Once you install it in visual studio, just open up your toolbox, right click on it and select choose items. Then just go to com components and select it and save. You may need to restart visual studio, but when it comes back up the control should be in your toolbox and should behave like any other control.

In the link I posted aspose looks like it would do what you are looking for but I do not believe it is free.

This post has been edited by p00ndawg: 12 September 2011 - 04:40 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:48 AM

thanks for the info.., I will just check the link..,
I was able to load only pdf files in the form using the web browser component but i really want it as doc file so that the user(teacher) will no longer anymore convert or use third party program to convert the doc. file..,

will., thanks again.., i will just post here about the result :xmas:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:00 AM

View Postchkm8, on 12 September 2011 - 07:48 AM, said:

thanks for the info.., I will just check the link..,
I was able to load only pdf files in the form using the web browser component but i really want it as doc file so that the user(teacher) will no longer anymore convert or use third party program to convert the doc. file..,

will., thanks again.., i will just post here about the result :xmas:

you can display pdf's in a win form with the way I suggested.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:06 AM

View Postp00ndawg, on 12 September 2011 - 05:38 AM, said:

The only way I can think of you doing this is by adding in a com component in your toolbox. The .net framework doesnt have one installed so you will need to find a third party one.

http://msdn.microsof...studio/dd632929

I dont know of any free ones but I am sure one exists. Once you install it in visual studio, just open up your toolbox, right click on it and select choose items. Then just go to com components and select it and save. You may need to restart visual studio, but when it comes back up the control should be in your toolbox and should behave like any other control.

In the link I posted aspose looks like it would do what you are looking for but I do not believe it is free.

YEs your right, its not free.., and i cant use the trial version cause it might cause errors during our project defend next week.., thank you by the way., do'nt you have any more suggestions?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1