4 Replies - 972 Views - Last Post: 04 July 2001 - 03:44 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need help or at least someonewho knows what i mean

Posted 03 July 2001 - 11:20 AM

Hi,
I'm in a bit of a dilema...currently our site will take in forms that people type in and submit them to u in an email so that we can take the information and put it into a page.  The problem is that there are a LOT of these and it really really is hard to get all of them up and updated constantly so...I'm looking for a form handler that will ask  for your confirmation of data and then if u confirm it it will post it in a form example below:

Name: [ John Smith ]
Addy: [john@aol.com]

Do u want this to be posted?
[y][n]

THEN it takes taht and puts it on the site (you are approving something that is sent to you so it can be put up... not the person them selves confirming their own message)

+++++++++++
If anyone has any idea of what i'm talking about / an idea of how to do it your help would be apprieciated greatly. thanks guys.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need help or at least someonewho knows what i mean

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need help or at least someonewho knows what i mean

Posted 03 July 2001 - 12:02 PM

im not sure if this is what you mean, but cant you just use an if statement with
if (ans = y)
{
cout << "John Smith
";
cout << "email: john@aol.com";
cout << " age: 65
";
}
else if (ans = n)
{
cout << "wanted unseen
";
}

i know this isnt exact coding, but im just that #### lazy

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 July 2001 - 12:11 PM

I mean this happens like online. like the admin (me) can goto a page and confirm a list of names that users have submitted.  That code, i know C++, i duno though because i dont know any like scripting with Java (editing is it) and I know zilch about CGI ,PHP, and DHTML. if anyone knows how i could put it into one of those languages with that same type of code that he listed about where if I set radio button to yes or something and submit the page to the server then it will post that stuff on....its very hard to explain. sry :-(. well. cya guys later. btw.goto Electronic boutique in your local mall and trade in 4 reg. game boy games for a game boy advance.....random thought ;-).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 July 2001 - 01:37 PM

ok, why dont you go to one of the many other boards, we got guys who know all of those languages. and thanx on the gba thing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2001 - 03:44 AM

Oh dear Lord! PHP is the way to go! I'm kinda new myself, but it can do exactly what you want and more. If you're in a hurry, I suggest you just drop down some cashola and have someone that knows how, set you up what you're asking for and then take the time to learn later. I know how deadlines are, after all. And besides, it's always good to keep the money circulating in our industry. Spread the wealth! I know a guy that can hook you up if you're interested. Fairly cheap as well! e-mail me at lordmanimal@i.dreamincode.net if you want to speak with him.

--LM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1