3 Replies - 943 Views - Last Post: 16 September 2011 - 07:13 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Receive mail?

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

I want to make kind of slow chat app. The idea is that you type message in textbox, click send button, mail with your username and that message is sent to some mail I choose, that was the sending part... the receiving part(one I have problem with): when timer ticks, if there is new mail arrived, the mail body and sender's username is added to another textbox in same window... I dont know how to check, and receive mail...
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Receive mail?

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Receive mail?

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

There isn't an inbuilt way to receive e-mail and you can only send with SMTP, so check out SixOfEleven's Peer-To-Peer Chat - Advanced! Tutorial here:
http://www.dreaminco...-chat-advanced/
HTH Man
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:44 AM

thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

View PostMikeScof, on 15 September 2011 - 05:09 PM, said:

I want to make kind of slow chat app. The idea is that you type message in textbox, click send button, mail with your username and that message is sent to some mail I choose, that was the sending part... the receiving part(one I have problem with): when timer ticks, if there is new mail arrived, the mail body and sender's username is added to another textbox in same window... I dont know how to check, and receive mail...

The only way it work because of smtp is to preload the emails. To make it as easy as possible preload emails you know will use this, and then they can choose from a drop down the email they want to send to and type their message in a message box.

This would kind of suck tho.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1