8 Replies - 7649 Views - Last Post: 19 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

• Android Expert
  • member icon

• View blog

Android Tutorial Requests

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

Are you looking for help on trying to do something in Android but are getting little to no help and are having trouble understating what is going on with the code? Then why not request a tutorial on how to accomplish what your are trying to do right here in this thread!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Android Tutorial Requests

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Android Tutorial Requests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

That's great !!if you have a good tutorial about card games(for example how to select multiple cards from my deck and form a formation like A,K,Q,J,10) and if it is possible to give me a tutorial about AI of the card games!!!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

I'd like to see a tutorial that demonstrates how to get and display data that is in a MySQL database on a server. Preferably a method that doesn't require putting my MySQL username and password in the code itself.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

A tutorial on how to create a client application which uses authentication (securely if possible) to connect to a web server running on a PC.

This will be to - get data, update data on client, and write data back to the server.

A sample server implementation would be a bonus

Thanks

This post has been edited by master.bennett: 11 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:34 AM

View Postmaster.bennett, on 11 January 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

A tutorial on how to create a client application which uses authentication (securely if possible) to connect to a web server running on a PC.

This will be to - get data, update data on client, and write data back to the server.

A sample server implementation would be a bonus

Thanks

im also very interested in this...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

All of these requests have been done ad nauseam over on google's android developer site ...
But what I really want ( I showed up for my new job and its learn Android and Java.. I'm a C# developer since the Beta of .NET hahahha) but its cool unfortunately Basic4Android is NOT Kewel Java Eclipse would rock but alas I digress..

What I want to see and may have to make myself is a SIMPLE easy to understand THEMES & Syling tutorial for Android... yes there's like twenty of them out there already but only a couple of good ones and those are not simple enough to STAMP the concept into your head....

ya see themes get called by manifest and a theme can reference a style (all xml btw) however manifest could call just style and say screw any theme the indirection & inconsistency pissed me off for a couple days.. trying to grasp it.

I saw some little reference on Stack overflow about doing it like CSS so that I could style everything on a panel view then like CSS make a specific change to the one odd ball view on that panel that needed different styling but I can t find that reference anymore & thats what I apparently need RIGHT NOW !! Saddly you cant (by default) just apply a style to panel1 and all of its children and a different styling to panel2 and all of its children. it more like all labels or all labels of activity#1.. FAIL !!!!! So If anyone knows that article for "CSS esque" Android styling hook me up.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Interested in seeing a tutorial on how to download pictures and display albums from sites like picasa. Thanks for the help.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

I'm new to Android (both using and developing), so was wondering if you could offer any advice on getting started on creating my own apps and the essentials I would need to know?

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Hello,

I have a request:

Google Drive with a service account,
specifically: loading in the PK12 file, when setting the credential

I know google developer has one. but it does now tell me how to bring the file in. I have been all over stackoverflow... and no dice really.

Something would be great!

This post has been edited by Parrish: 19 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1