2 Replies - 9451 Views - Last Post: 23 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

A game programming poll

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

For all you programmers/game enthusiasts/computer techies:

There's this store relatively close to where I live, and they make personalized caps, with a design they have or a design the client can bring to them. So I was thinking of getting one with a logo (or two) about "game programming", so I looked up on google images and couldn't find a symbol exactly agreeable by a group of people or programming organization. So I wanted to ask you:

- When you think of programming, what do you imagine? Is it a sheet of paper with 1s and 0s (even though we don't program in binary), a gear, a computer monitor, or maybe something I haven't described?

- And when you think of videogames, do you imagine a joystick, maybe a happy face, a red button, maybe a specific character from a game (like one of those space invader aliens)?

- Or if you imagine something for both videogames and programming (namely game programming) that doesn't necessarily mean to combine two symbols together, what is it?

Please let me know your thoughts whether they come from objects I named above or if they are your own thoughts with respect to games, programming, or game programming!! =D

Replies To: A game programming poll

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: A game programming poll

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

Maybe just get one that says hello world? :)

• Junior bit compressor

• View blog

Re: A game programming poll

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

1) the INTERCAL (FOLDOC dictionary: INTERCAL) line
DO :1 <- #0$#256

2) Middle space invader, arms in
3)
disp.draw(sprite[5]);
followed by a small pixel-art sprite. (sprite meaning one-bit alpha blending)

This post has been edited by OLH064: 23 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

Page 1 of 1