• +

54 Replies - 46789 Views - Last Post: 12 June 2014 - 07:14 AM Rate Topic: -----

• There is nothing you can't do with a JTable
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Java Tutorials Request

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

View Postgreenpool, on 14 February 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

Am looking for some GUI tutorials but specifically tutorials that involve something like building an ATM, book library, movie library etc.

One of the most common homework posted here, after the mortgage calculator, is the inventory program for DVD and CD
Search the forum for "inventory" you will have hundred of console mode programs that evolve to GUI interface
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Death Scythe
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

Are there any tutorials on creating Java 2D games going from a simple game of Pong to a game like asteroids or a 2D Minecraft-like game?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Knows all, except most.

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

Pong can be found in the tutorials section. I don't see game tutorials being useful anyway, it is more important to teach someone how to program more than games. If they know the underlying concepts of the language, they should be able to make a game anyway.

Since java isn't really known for game programming, there is not as many tutorials compared to languages like C++, C#, etc... I would suggest trying to make a simple version yourself first (like asteroids, but on a single screen etc). If that is not an option, or you do have the java/math skills required, then if you can find a version of the game in another langauge, you can follow the steps, and convert it to java.

You can always ask to how to go about making your game in the games programming forum.

There is a link here anyway, maybe it's not what you want: http://www.cokeandco...?page=tutorials

This post has been edited by Mylo: 20 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Caffeine: db "Never Enough!"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

A tutorial focused on using the Lightweight Java Game Library (LWJGL) would be rather awesome
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Nice to register here. I am a beginner in java. First, i have been dragging to drop the JMenu item component but it will disappear each time. What should i do? Secondly, what are the delete, search and update JButton codes? I use NetBeans IDE 7.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

@joedon

This is a thread for 'Java Tutorial Requests', you should ask in the Java help forum. But keep in mind, we have close to no support for NetBeans generated code.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

But you could assist for a quick and temporal relief. Cheers!

But you could assist for a quick and temporal relief. Cheers!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:33 AM

Looking for a tutorial based on this program in the link - its a keyword cipher.

http://www.secretcod...om/keyword.html
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:29 AM

@solidtuber

pbl has some cryptography tutorials at Here and there are some others I think as well, Here too. Caesar cipher is close to what you are looking for.

However, by looking at the results of that cipher you have linked, I can see how it works. It can be done by simply iterating through each character and comparing ascii values. I'll leave the fun part of figuring out the algorithm to you though. Unless you really want to know, then I can tell you.

If your stuck you could look at the javascript code also.

This post has been edited by Mylo: 20 March 2012 - 05:31 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• There is nothing you can't do with a JTable
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

View Postsolidtuber, on 20 March 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

Looking for a tutorial based on this program in the link - its a keyword cipher.

http://www.secretcod...om/keyword.html

We already reply to you in the programming thread.
I wrote 9 encryption tutorials. They are in the Tutorial section
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostMylo, on 20 March 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

@solidtuber

pbl has some cryptography tutorials at Here and there are some others I think as well, Here too. Caesar cipher is close to what you are looking for.

However, by looking at the results of that cipher you have linked, I can see how it works. It can be done by simply iterating through each character and comparing ascii values. I'll leave the fun part of figuring out the algorithm to you though. Unless you really want to know, then I can tell you.

If your stuck you could look at the javascript code also.

Have most of the code completed, need help making the keyword random, i have a set keyword atm to cipher/decipher.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

i want to make a commad line type of game like tiny towers in java. just in command line. the gameplay is, a player can add floor and choos whatever type they like, once they choose the type, the player may choose what kind of business it will be. minimum of 6 choices per floor type. And at the end of the day tenant will pay 100 coins to the player for rent,should be 3 tenants per floor.

Game Play
Players should have access at all times on the status of the tower, floors and the bitizens. A player can add a floor, add bitizens and restock. The game should notify the player if an item is up for restocking so that the player can restock a specific item. A player can choose to end the current day to move to the next one.

please help! thanks in advance!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

I highly doubt anyone will write a tutorial so specific. If it is your game that you are wanting to make, then you should program it, no one will do it for you. Learn java first, and if you have attempted to solve any problems without success, then you can post your questions in the java help forum and we will assist if we think you have made a good effort.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

To me, as Java newby, the tutorial section is a gold mine, really useful and very important for learning purposes.

I invite to keep posting tutorials, my own request are about JTable; I have seen there are few about basic, I'd like to read some more specifi tutorials about JTreeTable and how to add button, comboboxes etc on a JTable.

I would like also to study tutorials about components rendering, such as these examples

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

As final note, a great thanks to all developers who spent time and efforts to share knowledge and help.

Susie
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

Any tuts on reader what has been input, then listing each letter that has been inputed and recording how many times its been inputed and its percentage out of 100%
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +