1 Replies - 11656 Views - Last Post: 20 September 2011 - 05:23 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Auto Reminder Using Php and MySQL Via E-Mail

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:13 PM

Dear Friend,

How can I set an Auto Reminder through E-Mail by using Php and MySql.

I'm trying to write a code for my task management System where a new task has created with created date and target date as 20-09-2011 and 22-09-2011 and has assigned to Self.

I would like to have a auto E-Mail reminder to my E-Mail till 22-09-2011 with task status as Not Completed. If the task has exceeded the date 22-09-2011, then the system would send an E-Mail stating that your task has exceeded the target date and complete the task with high Importance. (After, the task has completed then the reminder has to close it automatically.)

Can any one plz suggest how does it works even if we are not triggering the code/ requesting the server.

Please offer your suggestions

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Auto Reminder Using Php and MySQL Via E-Mail

• Changed Man With Different Priorities
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Auto Reminder Using Php and MySQL Via E-Mail

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:23 AM

You can create cron jobs via the shell that will run the PHP script to send you a notification email. You can create cron jobs with exec and a few other functions.

Have a look here
www.linuxhelp.net/guides/cron/

You will have to design an algorithm that will calculate the times relative to the expiry date. If you want to execute the email script 1 week before you would have to subtract a week from the expiry time and set a cron job there.

This post has been edited by codeprada: 20 September 2011 - 05:27 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1