1 Replies - 758 Views - Last Post: 22 September 2011 - 07:40 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _m

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

New to the site, have heard about it from a past instructor, found it while googling for help on this error.

I'm working on a C++ program and have never seen this error, usually when you click the error it takes you to the code that is causing it. This time it doesn't and I've looked online for help to figure it out without any success. This is a basic program, nothing fancy. It's working with class objects so I have a header file with two cpp files. When I build, this is what comes back.

militaryTime.cpp
1>MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup
1>C:\Users\JAS\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\CurrentProject\Debug\CurrentProject.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>
1>Build FAILED.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:01.38
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I don't understand the error or what to look at to correct it. This is just my second semester so I'm pretty much a novice with very little computer experience. Any assistance would be great. Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _m

• Writing Lines

• View blog

Re: MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _m

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:40 AM

Could you show us your code or at least the portion of the code you believe is causing the error so that we can examine and find out what is going wrong in your code? Otherwise it makes our life much harder. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1