3 Replies - 3352 Views - Last Post: 10 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

my mp3 and video files are fast forwarding by itself when i play it...

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

im a newbie using ubuntu 11.04.All these days everything was fine but for the past 2days all my mp3 and video files are fast forwarding by itself.i tried some vidoes in youtube but unfortunately even that fast forwarded by itself.

i thought initianlly of the codec problems but how come all the music and video files can hav altogether ??

note: but the same music and video files are working fine in windows 7 !!

i hav no idea, so please someone help me sort it out !!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: my mp3 and video files are fast forwarding by itself when i play it...

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: my mp3 and video files are fast forwarding by itself when i play it...

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

Id be guessing that a plugin of some sort has played silly buggers with your audio playback. Try booting from an Ubuntu disc and open the files from there and see if they play fine. If not then you will need to talk to whoever manages Ubuntu (sorry I don't know who!) Also, you could try an alternative media player - you don't use VLC because if you do then try another player. If you don't use vlc then use it - its a great multiple format media player and it's open source.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:43 AM

View PostjimmyBo, on 23 September 2011 - 11:18 PM, said:

Id be guessing that a plugin of some sort has played silly buggers with your audio playback. Try booting from an Ubuntu disc and open the files from there and see if they play fine. If not then you will need to talk to whoever manages Ubuntu (sorry I don't know who!) Also, you could try an alternative media player - you don't use VLC because if you do then try another player. If you don't use vlc then use it - its a great multiple format media player and it's open source.

@jimyBo: well..i wil look into it just the way u asked me to.btw i tried with both the banshee as well as that of vlc media player,still the problem persists. cheers !!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

Which media player did use? Normally, you can install totem & gstreamer to play just about any multimedia file.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1