need users

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 1749 Views - Last Post: 29 March 2007 - 09:46 AM

• You wish you were my hand!
  • member icon

• View blog

Community Board

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:10 AM

I started a community for graphic designers, GFXaid, and i just cant seem to get users, i had 2 random users sign up but they dont post. i have a few like that. i post tutorials, and ask for user advice on things and what not. only person who responds is my friend joe who runs the board with me, there is 99 articles 40+ are me alone, and 30+ are Joe maybe even more. What can i do to get users and once i get them keep them...

i have some empty forums, but they are sort of needed cause we want to fill them with tutorials which we are now trying to mostly video tutorials in flash, since i made it where we can post flash right onto the site. make it nice and easy.

i dont know what else to do to get members, i post on various boards with the URL but i dont spam them. i cant afford to pay for advertiseing and there is no free link exchanges.

HELP!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Community Board

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Community Board

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:23 PM

Why aren't there free link exchanges? You could talk to friends/members of other forums with interests along the lines of GFXaid, and get them to link you on their websites or in their blog posts.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:31 PM

i dont know any other forum owners, only other forum owner that i know (that doesnt own a forum about cars) is chris , skyhawk133. the car forums wont link me cause they dont want links that arent about cars on their forums. im just looking for something. i found this one site called postexchangers.com you sign up request post exchanges, and people with other forums willll sign up and make posts in exchange that you do the same for them. its interesting, dont really work to well though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:01 AM

To be honest Vinnie, it sounds like you need some seeders. You have contributed greatly to this community - it would only be fair that we contribute to yours.

skyhawk may be able to offer some advice on building your forums.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:30 AM

thank you man.

i do just want to make it clear that this thread was not intended to make dic members sign up at my board. just trying to get my board 10% at good as this one.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:41 AM

Understood...no way dic members are supposed to hit your site, only those interested. I signed up, it has a lot to offer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:46 AM

I signed up i like the stuff you have there
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1