• member icon

• View blog

Re: Motherboard Temperatures

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

View PostTinix, on 27 September 2011 - 07:10 PM, said:

EDIT: Also another thing that worries me is that CPUID shows three sensors:
SYSTIN - 46-48C
CPUTIN - 39C
AUXTIN - 119C -> this is what worries me it stays still on 119 so it could be disconnected and shows default value but im not sure

I wouldn't worry about that. There is no way it can be at 129C, as you said its probably disconnected and is giving a false reading. In my old computer I used to have one that reported that it was at below freezing :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:11 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 27 September 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

I have to ask - do you have enough power for your rig? A big enough power supply? All the right plugs plugged in? You are not skimping on two plugs for a videocard and using one? All the power rails in on the board are set?

The power supply is 750w so it should be ok, I will check if everything is plugged when I get home. Also I found the graphics card in fact is overheating and windows resets it at 89C so maybe it doesn't get enough power
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

89C at idle for a graphics card is not a good sign at all. This card apparently should idle at around 40C and only go up to 76C or so under full load.

Are the clocks on the graphics card also at their defaults? If its been overclocked for some reason, it will require more power which may be causing some problems.

If not I would think that 750 watts should be fine. If those temps are correct at idle though, you definitely need to investigate it further. Make sure the fan is working, the card is seated correctly and it has enough airflow.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

View PostRyano121, on 28 September 2011 - 05:36 PM, said:

89C at idle for a graphics card is not a good sign at all. This card apparently should idle at around 40C and only go up to 76C or so under full load.

Are the clocks on the graphics card also at their defaults? If its been overclocked for some reason, it will require more power which may be causing some problems.

If not I would think that 750 watts should be fine. If those temps are correct at idle though, you definitely need to investigate it further. Make sure the fan is working, the card is seated correctly and it has enough airflow.

Actually temp graphics card got 89C under full load, also when I open the case temps are just fine so I think the issue is it is miniATX board and case.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

Ah I see, I thought you meant 89C when idling which would be a pretty good achievement. Do you mean that the temps shown decrease to normal levels when you open the case, or temps generally inside the case seem to be normal?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:43 AM

View PostRyano121, on 28 September 2011 - 06:38 PM, said:

Ah I see, I thought you meant 89C when idling which would be a pretty good achievement. Do you mean that the temps shown decrease to normal levels when you open the case, or temps generally inside the case seem to be normal?

Temps decrease when the case is open to normal levels.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

Well that definitely points to some air flow problems. You may want to invest in some more case fans to cool it down more, or as some would do - drill some holes in the side to allow air through :P.

With this info, I would say that it is definitely the temps that are causing the BSOD's.

The only way to fix it, is to either gets some more fans etc as said above or get a new case altogether (although first is more sensible). Also the longer you leave this, the more likely the overheating will start to damage your components, which will prove costly in the future.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

View PostRyano121, on 28 September 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

Well that definitely points to some air flow problems. You may want to invest in some more case fans to cool it down more, or as some would do - drill some holes in the side to allow air through :P.

With this info, I would say that it is definitely the temps that are causing the BSOD's.

The only way to fix it, is to either gets some more fans etc as said above or get a new case altogether (although first is more sensible). Also the longer you leave this, the more likely the overheating will start to damage your components, which will prove costly in the future.

Actual fail is that we actually drilled a few holes and maximum posibble number of fans is installed so I think for now Ill leave the case open and i think i will order a new one.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#24 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:03 AM

Well the average Nvidia GTX570 is a honking big card. If you have that shoved in some microatx case I can see why that would be a problem. What case are you using?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 28 September 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

Well the average Nvidia GTX570 is a honking big card. If you have that shoved in some microatx case I can see why that would be a problem. What case are you using?

Well it is Asus but i cant rember model, it has been nearly 3yrs since we installed it so i cant remeber
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

Don't forget to check for any Blown capacitors on your motherboard. That could be an issue.

Also, You might have to many fans. If the fans are blowing the air past the heat sinks to fast, the heat will not have enough time to transfer from the aluminium to the air.

Check your fan arrangement's, make sure you are not blowing hot air from one heat sink to the next.

Make sure that all the fans are good. I have seen bad fans that get spun by the wind from other fans and therefore they don't set off the alarms but yet that bad fan does not do any cooling.

Finally, You had your CPU overclocked, How much did you overclock it? Maybe something in the CPU is fried? Can you overclock it with the case open? Remove your motherboard and examine it for any signs of warpage. If the board is very warped then that's a sign that things got to hot and there might be perminate damage. Also check the video card for warpage.

one last thing: check your heat sinks and make sure they are tight. Those things can come loose.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +